View Full Version : Past Appointments and Tasks Sync question

VanHlebar
11-26-2004, 08:14 PM
I am having some memory issues on my X50v and I think that it may have to do with the number of appointments and tasks that I have syncing from the desktop to my ppc. I only 1 or 2 plugins installed on my unit and I only have 1 or 2 applicaitons installed into main memory, everything eslse is either installed to Built-in memory or my SD Card. I do have though, over 3 years of tasks and appointments that are on my ppc. I am assuming that these could be taking up a large amount of my RAM, but I can't figure out how to check it. I have used Space Detective by Sprite Software, but this doesn't show the amount of space used by databases in the system.

I have tried setting ActiveSync to only sync the past 52 weeks and all future dates for both Tasks and Appointments, but this hasn't helped. I guess this won't remove any of the already synced data that is on my ppc. So then I thought, well I can just delete the old appointments, and since I have ActiveSync set to only sync the past 52 weeks it won't delete it from my dekstop. WRONG! :( I tried a test on a single appointment thank goodness, and sure enough, ActiveSync deleted the appointment even though it was way over a year old.

So, my question is this. How can I remove these older appointments, but still be able to keep them on my desktop. I do need access to these every now and then on the desktop so I want to keep them there. Any suggestions?

Thanks,
-Eric