View Full Version : View today's posts ?

buzzard
11-26-2004, 07:31 PM
I usually visit Pocket PC Thoughts, log in and then select "view new posts". Some other websites also offer the option to "view today's posts". That option comes in handy if, while viewing new posts, I get interrrupted by something and close down IE (or Netfront if I'm using my PPC). When I reopen IE and go back to PPCT, all I have access to are the new posts since the last time I visited. In other words, if the first visit there were 25 unread messages and I got interrupted, and then go back, those 25 are gone and all I may get are the 2-3 brand new ones.
Is it possible to add a link for today's new posts as a separate option ?

Jason Dunn
11-26-2004, 10:02 PM
Nope. Unfortunately since phpBB doesn't offer that feature, we can't offer it, since that's what we use. ;-)

Janak Parekh
11-26-2004, 10:15 PM
There is a workaround, though. You can search for the last 1 day with the author set to "*" (minus quotes). Works pretty well.

--janak

buzzard
11-27-2004, 12:51 AM
There is a workaround, though. You can search for the last 1 day with the author set to "*" (minus quotes). Works pretty well.

--janak
That's perfect....exactly what I was looking for !!! :mrgreen:

buzzard
11-07-2005, 09:57 PM

--janak
That's perfect....exactly what I was looking for !!! :mrgreen:

I hate to dredge up a topic from a year ago, but I can't seem to get this to work. If I put an * in the author field and select 1 day, I get a message that there isn't any data available.

Jason Dunn
11-07-2005, 10:02 PM
I hate to dredge up a topic from a year ago, but I can't seem to get this to work. If I put an * in the author field and select 1 day, I get a message that there isn't any data available.

What can I say...phpBB sucks in many ways. :?

disconnected
11-08-2005, 12:54 AM
I thought maybe it was just me. That workaround used to work, but it doesn't seem to any more.

Jason Dunn
11-08-2005, 01:01 AM
I thought maybe it was just me. That workaround used to work, but it doesn't seem to any more.

There have been several updates to phpBB over the past year, so my hunch is that they broke it in an update and in typical open-source fashion, what gets broken doesn't always get fixed. :roll:

Darius Wey
11-08-2005, 04:39 AM
Yup, it's definitely bugged. A couple of the staff members discovered this problem earlier in the year, and sadly, without a phpBB fix, the workaround will fail to work.