View Full Version : Wireless card does not work with configuration utility - Help!

PDANEWBIE
11-25-2004, 06:29 AM
Okay I am getting flustered. I bought a Linksys WCF12 and I put it into my Pocket PC (HP IPAQ 2215) I loaded the drivers per the instructions with no errors (but I didn't get any type of IP setup prompt like the instructions elude to). I then went to insert the card and I have a short light flash and it goes dead.

Next I go out the the website and download the latest drivers from the Linksys Website. Sure enough I uninstall all the old garbage and i put the new one on and BRAVO I now have the solid green light after a couple of flashes. It even give a little wireless signal icon on it briefly that then disappears.

I even get out on my non secured wireless connection WOOOHOOO! the problem is I have no linksys configurations utility to speak of in order to put in any of the wireless info or any of the ip info if I need to hardcode...

Anyone know how ot just install the configuration utility and not overwirte the working drivers? If I install the CD drivers again it knocks out the working driver and gives me a non functioning configuration utlity.

Cybrid
11-26-2004, 03:59 AM
Sit down. Take a deep breath and be ready to curse like a sailor.......

The utility is for 2002 devices. The driver for the 2003 device which works is meant to be used with the "zero wireless configuration utility" This is built into the wm2003 OS. Thank you Microsoft!

This does work but is difficult to configure and you'll need someone better at it than me. Sooner Al to the rescue.... here
http://theillustratednetwork.mvps.org/WM2003/Connection_Manager/ConnectionManager.html

vxipconfig will allow you to release and renew ip's available at www.cam.com