View Full Version : Undeleted icons

Newbie808
11-24-2004, 10:00 PM
I loaded a program for viewing pictures that came with my Toshiba e805 (PhotoBase) and I deleted it because it never seemed to work right for me. Anyways I deleted the program and reloaded it again and tried to see if it could work with no luck. So I deleted it for the 2nd time, but my problem is it has 2 icons of the deleted program in programs even though I deleted it. I tried a soft reset and no luck. As you may see I'm new to PcoketPC's so I need all the help I can get.

ziggurat29
11-25-2004, 12:13 AM
Well, that sounds odd that it would leave them on uninstall, but I am going to assume that the icons in Programs are residual shortcuts from the app. Such shortcuts are located in:

\Windows\Start Menu\Programs

You can either use ActiveSync and Explore drill to there (realize you have to go to 'My Device' to get to the root), or you can use File Explorer to dig down to that location. You can delete them. Much like with shortcuts on the desktop, this does not delete the application.

Newbie808
11-27-2004, 10:12 PM
Thank you for the info-I tried it and it worked!!!.

ziggurat29
11-29-2004, 02:39 PM
Sure, glad it did. Unrelated, but you can incidentally use that same folder to create shortcuts if you don't have them already (like some free apps that don't have a full-blown installer) or if you don't like where they are installed by default. You create them pretty much the same as you do on the desktop by drag-dropping.