View Full Version : pocket breeze help-is it useles

okanrua
11-24-2004, 03:34 PM
am i using pocket breeze in a wrong way or is it useless.this software is just the way of showing the desktop calander in a different way isn't it. then why should i pay for this. are there any other features of this software that i am missing. what else are you doing with your pocket breeze. or what does it do? 8O :jawdrop:

FrozenIpaq
11-24-2004, 04:04 PM
PB is used to display appointments and tasks on the today screen for easy use and accesability. I use it to look at my tasks on today screen and my appointments with more organization then without it.

Jacob
11-24-2004, 05:20 PM
I use it for pretty much the same reason Frozen does - it organizes the items on the today screen well and allows for many options on creating new appointments or moving tasks or appointments.

It may not offer you any real extra value so you may not need it. If you won't use it then don't buy it :)

I found that I started growing into the features it has though.

Ripper014
11-24-2004, 05:34 PM
There are a lot of programs built around the desktop calendar... for almost everyone that uses Pocket PC's for something other than a Gameboy this is reason you have one. It is still the most important function for most people, myself included...

The most successful programs (arguably) are probably Agenda Fusion and Pocket Informant... both built to improve on the supplied calendar/task/phone book software.

It is not surprising to find that most of the available programs are geared around these functions... Pocket Breeze just delivers it on the Today Screen which by default is always active... there are other software programs that can do the same thing... Today Plus is another... that offers more flexiblity... but is no longer developed by the programmer.

The other popular functions are not as productive... gaming and esthetics...

Darius Wey
11-24-2004, 05:37 PM
If all you're wanting is a today plugin that improves upon the default Calendar today plugin, you should have a look at Calendar+ (http://www.mohairsofa.com/). It's free and does the job well.

However, it's easy to see why PocketBreeze is liked by many. It has a host of features that help it display PIM information on the today screen very well. Skin support is another bonus.

okanrua
11-25-2004, 07:20 AM
just to understand what this software means to you i am gonna download the trial version again. maybe this time i ll like it as well. stiil can't understandy u all before the second download.

Darius Wey
11-25-2004, 09:47 AM
just to understand what this software means to you i am gonna download the trial version again. maybe this time i ll like it as well. stiil can't understandy u all before the second download.

:lol:

Okay, here's a different perspective on the whole thing:

Think of the default Calendar plugin as a standard car. It gets you from "A" to "B". Now think of PocketBreeze as a flash Ferrari (or other expensive car). It still gets you from "A" to "B", but with style and excellence. And you may be able to impress members of the opposite sex. ;)

Now PocketBreeze does the job of the Calendar plugin, but with a greater feature set, it also allows you to do a lot more. I don't know if it will help impress other people though - but you never know... 8)

Pat Logsdon
11-25-2004, 11:10 AM
Now think of PocketBreeze as a flash Ferrari (or other expensive car). It still gets you from "A" to "B", but with style and excellence. And you may be able to impress members of the opposite sex. ;)
Man, you're not kidding. When I'm using PocketBreeze, I have to use a stick to keep the hotties away. It's like some kind of digital pheromone! :mrgreen:

the above statement may in fact be totally false and may lead to premature death, vomiting, or arrest in 21 states and the lovely island nation of Fiji. No animals were harmed during the posting of this message. Well, except for a small hamster, and it was only lightly stunned.

okanrua
11-25-2004, 11:16 AM
ok, got it
i ll definately give it another chance. thanks for replies

Darius Wey
11-25-2004, 11:39 AM
Man, you're not kidding. When I'm using PocketBreeze, I have to use a stick to keep the hotties away. It's like some kind of digital pheromone! :mrgreen:

the above statement may in fact be totally false and may lead to premature death, vomiting, or arrest in 21 states and the lovely island nation of Fiji. No animals were harmed during the posting of this message. Well, except for a small hamster, and it was only lightly stunned.

:rofl: - Tears are flowing from my eyes...