View Full Version : IPAQ 3700 Not Syncing

rvos
11-22-2004, 09:03 PM
The battery on my 3765 went completely dead by accident. I have recharged the battery, but it will not sync with my computer. I have never had this problem before. The desktop is a Dell with XP pro and I am using a USB cradle. I uninstalled Active Syn 3.71 and reinstalled it - but that did not help

Everything was fine until a couple of days ago - now nothing works.

TIA for any help - I sure would like to figure this out.

Roger

Darius Wey
11-23-2004, 03:10 PM
In what ways does it not work? Do you get an error message popping up?

Try renaming your Pocket PC to a different name and see if that solves anything.

rvos
11-23-2004, 03:28 PM
Darius,

Thank you for the reply.

When I came back and charged the battery in the craddle. When I tried to sync nothing happened - no messages beside that there was no connection. Then I deleted the partnership in Active Sync and I am trying to create a new one.

When try to connect in the Get Connected, it alway comes back "Your Device was not detected". USB is available, but the IPAQ is not found. I have the Active Sync running on the IPAQ and it states not connected as well.

Thanks,

Roger

Darius Wey
11-23-2004, 05:21 PM
Have you tried backing up your files, and giving your Pocket PC a hard reset?

rvos
11-23-2004, 11:37 PM
I tried to do a hard reset, but that does not seem to work - or I am not doing it correctly.

I removed the expansion pack and moved the switch to the right, if the screen is facing up.

When I do that the IPAQ will still works ok - with the switch to the right.

Could something be broken inside? It still does charge when on the craddle.

Thank you,

Roger

emuelle1
11-24-2004, 02:37 PM
I hope this isn't the case, but I have a 3765 that stopped syncing. It was a slow, gradual process that took months for the sync to completely die. Part of it was a failure to continue charging. It would stop charging in the cradle. The problem turned out to be a bad switchboard assembly, which can be purchased for $30 here:

http://www.ipaqparts.com/ipaqparts3600.htm

You can also ship the unit to them and they can do it for you.