View Full Version : iPAQ hx4700 and CompactFlash cards

7MAT
11-22-2004, 12:07 PM
Hi

I have been given a free sample of Verbatim's 1GB CompactFlash card.

The card works fine in my hx4700, but it dosen't fill the slot completely and leaves a small gap. Is this correct?

Can you get different size (ie thicker) CF cards?

7MAT

Steven Cedrone
11-22-2004, 02:15 PM
Hi

The card works fine in my hx4700, but it dosen't fill the slot completely and leaves a small gap. Is this correct?

Can you get different size (ie thicker) CF cards?

7MAT

The CF slot on the device can hold both CF type I and CF type II(thicker) cards. CF type II will fill the slot entirely, CF type I will leave a small gap...

Steve

7MAT
11-22-2004, 02:29 PM
Thanks!

prototype
11-22-2004, 07:01 PM
Ahhh, I thought that was a design flaw ... the Dell X50V has the same gap between the SD and CF

I saw this PIC in an AXIM blog
http://pocketnow.com/index.php?a=portal_detail&t=news&id=2834

you would think they put something in there to fill the gap(flip door)... how much dust and pocket lint is getting into the unit via that gap???

ADBrown
11-22-2004, 08:36 PM

How did you manage that?

bob1919a
11-23-2004, 03:01 AM

Yeah, that's awesome, I would do anything for a 1 GB card (even though they are so cheap right now..). But my hx 4700 totally emptied out my pocket. :twisted:

Darius Wey
11-23-2004, 02:55 PM
you would think they put something in there to fill the gap(flip door)... how much dust and pocket lint is getting into the unit via that gap???

I suggested to someone that they can cut a piece of cardboard to slot in there to prevent dust getting in the gap. Alternatively, you can place a piece of tape over it. Both are really "cheap" ideas, but they do the job.

divingJC
11-25-2004, 05:39 AM
uh...that didn't sound too good. anyways go to home depot or any home center and buy a roll of velcro and cut a piece and stick it to your CF card. that will fill the excess space and keep most dust out and as for the rest of the roll, velcro is always useful. stick some on your phone and your car dash and you've got a cheap alternative to clips or holders. or use on your ppc and stick it to the dash for gps use. I don't have stock in velcro but the stuff kicks arse for lots of things.