View Full Version : Shipping Delay!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

prototype
11-19-2004, 09:42 PM
Well I took advantage of the discounts this week and I ordered an X50v. Ordered it on Tuesday with an extra USB cable, with Next Day shipping. I got the USB Cable on Wednesday!!!! :D and today I got ... 8O

An email saying they can't ship my X50v until atLEAST 12/1/04. :evil:

COME ON DELL!!! :cry:

We have reviewed your order. Although we had anticipated being able to ship your order sooner, we are experiencing an unexpected delay with your order and will not be able to ship this order and any associated orders until on or before 12-01-2004.

No action is required to proceed with the new date, however, if you do not wish to wait, you may cancel your order.
If you wish to cancel your order or if you have any questions, please go to www.support.dell.com or contact us at 1-800-624-9897, extension (66966).

Please include your order number or customer number with any correspondence.
We apologize for any inconvenience this delay may cause.

Thank you,
Dell Inc. Notification Team

globaloffice
11-19-2004, 09:50 PM
Welcome to the Dell world of "any day now". I finally gave up and bought a HP hx4700. Been loving it for two weeks now. But hey, my Dell was to have shipped yesterday! (ordered 10/12)

Now if Dell would only credit my account for the cancelled sale....

-Roger

bigkingfun
11-19-2004, 10:04 PM
I got an email yesterday saying it was delayed until 11/29 at the earliest but then this morning I got another one saying it shipped yesterday. According to the UPS site, it has been transmitted to them for delivery, so I assume the shipment notification message was correct.

I don't know if I'm an exception or not, but you might still get good news sooner than 12/1. Good luck!

webdaemon
11-19-2004, 10:28 PM
I got a similar email then the status page on the website indicated that it shipped and UPS has been notified of the shipment. I think there's something wrong with Dell's tracking email system interface.

ignar
11-19-2004, 10:39 PM
I got the delay notice the day before yesterday. I sent an email to Dell customer support right away asking order cancellation, but haven't heard from them yet. So they are slow not just in delivery, but also in cancellations. :?

Pat Logsdon
11-19-2004, 11:27 PM
I (and many others) had a horrible experience with Dell back when the X5 rolled out in '02. Looks like they haven't learned their lesson. :| Unfortunately, that's still one of the main reasons keeping me from ordering the X50v.

Well, that and the fact that I don't have any money at the moment. I tried putting a fresnel lens over my 4150 to simulate the VGA experience, but it's not the same, and I can't uncross my eyes for 20 minutes after looking at it. :wink: Ah well.

JonMisurda
11-20-2004, 01:01 AM
I got an email saying mine would be delayed until the 29th, however I just checked the website and it says that its in transit to be shipped.

It looks like the email slightly overestimates the delay.

Jon

ignar
11-20-2004, 02:12 AM
I just checked my order status and it was shipped! :evil:
Looks like I will have to refuse the package.

Kurt Hunciker
11-20-2004, 06:22 PM
I placed an order (with the extra battery and extended warranty offer) on Monday, November 15, and I received a delay notification on Tuesday.

However, Dell notified me yesterday that the order shipped! I can hardly wait until Monday when my X50v arrives. :)