View Full Version : SPOT Watch $29.97Cdn

PatrickD
11-19-2004, 09:25 PM
As a confirmed gadget freak, the Microsoft SPOT watch has always fascinated me. But, after mixed reviews here and elsewhere, I never had the inclination to spend a lot of money on something I may or may not use. Then I saw TigerDirect.ca selling the Abacus for $29.97Cdn and I just couldn’t resist.

http://www.tigerdirect.ca/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=1075168&Sku=M401-1000

I don’t think this watch will replace my Omega Seamaster as my primary watch, but it is fun to play around with nonetheless. I though some of you might be interested.

TigerDirect ships to the U.S. as well. Interestingly the American site lists the watch for $49.99usd. If you live in the U.S. I don’t know which would work out cheaper after shipping charges exchange rates and so on.

http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/searchtools/item-Details.asp?EdpNo=1075168&sku=M401-1000

ADBrown
11-19-2004, 10:04 PM
Yeow, the dollar really is in the basement. CA$30 comes to about US$25. There was a time when it would have been US$15.

In any event, it says that shipping to my area of New York state would cost $231. Not a typo.

PatrickD
11-20-2004, 01:56 AM
$231 8O What part of New York did you say you were from? For $231 you could probably buy a plane ticket, and fly up here in person to pick up the watch.

Seriously though, it has to be a mistake. They ship UPS. If you are interested, give them a call and find out if there are any umm cheaper methods of shipment. :wink:

Jon Westfall
11-20-2004, 03:40 AM
Yeow, the dollar really is in the basement. CA$30 comes to about US$25. There was a time when it would have been US$15.

In any event, it says that shipping to my area of New York state would cost $231. Not a typo.

I guess Tigerdirect.ca just decided to calculate shipping like some of the more seedy ebayers out there...

ADBrown
11-20-2004, 09:00 AM
I guess Tigerdirect.ca just decided to calculate shipping like some of the more seedy ebayers out there...

What, by the centimeter?

I'm in Western New York, southeast of Buffalo. No cabins in the Catskills to account for the inflated shipping.

I've sent a question to them asking about actual shipping cost. I'll let you know if I hear anything.

ctmagnus
11-20-2004, 11:14 PM
Hmm... I've had positive expereinces with TigerDirect in the past, and a Spot watch for $30CAD. But, there's no spot coverage here. :cry: I'd have to go to Calgary whenever I want to update it.

ADBrown
11-22-2004, 10:22 PM
No joy. I just called TD, and they won't let an American buy at the Canadian price. So, if we Yanks want to get in on this, we'll have to bribe our northern neighbors to order them on our behalf and remail them.