View Full Version : Can you change the Default Zoom size in Pocket Word?

Mark Johnson
11-19-2004, 03:39 AM
So I just got my Axim x50v (loving it!) and now when I open a document in Pocket Word, the text is larger than I want it to be. (The sharpness of VGA means smaller fonts are still easy to read.)

Although Pocket Word only allows me to go down to an 8-point font, I can manually choose View / Zoom / 75% and get much more text on screen.

The problem is that I keep having to do the "triple-tap" dance every time I open a document. Is there a system setting / regstry hack that will make the default 75% instead of 100% that anyone knows of?

Mark Johnson
11-21-2004, 12:09 AM
OK, maybe there is another way to solve this problem.

Has anyone found a way to install a tweaked/different version of the PPC default fonts that have different sizes? If, for example, the PPC version of Tahoma (which can't go smaller than 8-point in Pocket Word) was replaced with a WindowsXP desktop version of Tahoma (which obviously has smaller sizes) would that let me chose the smaller sizes in Pocket Word?

I'm not sure if I'm on the right track here. Since Pocket Excel will display a 6-point Tahoma, but Pocket Word won't, doe this simply mean the PPC version of Tahoma does indeed have 6-point, but Pocket Word just refuses to let you select it? (If so, then this strategy is futile...)

Maybe I just need TextMaker... Better download a demo and try it.

Any other ideas? I've just got to get smaller than 8-point text in documents.

Mark Johnson
11-22-2004, 08:37 PM
OK, TextMaker doesn't seem to be solving this either. The default zoom level in TextMaker can't be set either.

In both PocketWord and TextMaker, I can "end up" with sufficiently small text, but only after two or three taps to change the zoom level since neither has a preference setting for default zoom level.

Does anyone have another idea?

SoftMaker
11-23-2004, 11:15 AM
OK, TextMaker doesn't seem to be solving this either. The default zoom level in TextMaker can't be set either.

In both PocketWord and TextMaker, I can "end up" with sufficiently small text, but only after two or three taps to change the zoom level since neither has a preference setting for default zoom level.

Does anyone have another idea?

The default zoom level in TextMaker is a property of the document template you are basing your document on (for example, normal.tmv). Open this template, change the zoom level, save the template, based future documents on it.

But even with existing documents, it's not hard to change the zoom level. Click on the magnifying glass at the bottom right of the display and select one of the predefined zoom levels.

Martin Kotulla
SoftMaker Software GmbH

delfuhd
11-23-2004, 07:13 PM
Start>>Settings>>Input>>Options

The Default zoom for Word and Notes are right there
I hope that helps :)

Mark Johnson
11-24-2004, 09:16 AM
Start>>Settings>>Input>>Options

The Default zoom for Word and Notes are right there
I hope that helps :)

Dooh! :oops:

Yup, there it is! One problem though is that this only seems to work for .psw files. If I open one of my existing .rtf files when it opens the zoom level reverts to 100%. Any ideas on how to fix that?