View Full Version : New Dell X50v for Sale, Vancouver, BC

dudelove
11-19-2004, 01:07 AM
Hi,

I'm either selling my newly purchased Dell X50v or I'm returning it back to Dell - I want an HP 4705x instead.

Some things I dislike about the Dell:

1) Poor battery life - I only get about 2.5 hours with backlight off for mp3 playing

2) Poor screen sensitivity - I have to press hard just to input data, and even then sometimes the keystrokes don't register

3) Slow response times, there is a significant lag time when I switch between programs and start up new ones. It seems even slower than my Asus A620.

4)Poor Customer Service support so far - They won't honor a price drop, which was just a few days (less than a week) after I bought the X50v. Instead, they suggested that I return it and rebuy it again.

But, I can say that the screen is very nice, and that there is a potentially fast chip inside, but so far only 2 or 3 programs utilized it. Since I want to use it for movies, it seems like I should've waited until more programs supported the new chip.

I've used the X50v for about a week, if anyone is interested in buying the X50v from me, let me know. I live in Vancouver, BC (Canada). I paid $718 for it and am willing to let it go for $700. It is in perfect condition and there are NO dead pixels.

globaloffice
11-19-2004, 09:55 PM
Just a FYI, you have 30 days from invoice date, not date of receipt to RMA it. Probably will be your best bet...

dudelove
11-19-2004, 10:09 PM
K thanks for the info. Right now Dell servers are "upgrading" so they can't process my refund request. I'm quite disappointed in their customer service support right now...

tourdewolf
11-19-2004, 11:48 PM
K thanks for the info. Right now Dell servers are "upgrading" so they can't process my refund request. I'm quite disappointed in their customer service support right now...

Ditto on the ridiculous customer service. I have been on the phone with Dell 9 times in the last 3 days trying to PURCHASE an Axim x50v. Each call lasting at a minimun 40 mins. I cringe at the idea of having to actually obtain service.

I second the suggestion to return it, asap. On monday they offered the x50v w/ extra battery, game card, and 2 yr warranty for ~$419. Fleabay is running ~$425. It will be very hard to get what you are asking, assuming of course you don't have loads of accessories.

dudelove
11-20-2004, 12:44 AM
Yeah, now is about $40 cheaper from 1 week ago in Canada. I wish I could get the US price + the extras but Americans always get the best deals.

I also want to return it because I've read on another forum that HP's BT stereo headphones don't work with the X50vs.

I plan to return it, but if anyone wants it they can grab it off me. At least this way they know there are no dead pixels and shipping will be right away.

tourdewolf
11-20-2004, 04:00 AM
I also want to return it because I've read on another forum that HP's BT stereo headphones don't work with the X50vs.

I would be interested in reading more about that, what site was it?

Ripper014
11-20-2004, 07:54 AM
If you want to read about Dell the best site to visit would probably be Aximsite.com

dudelove
11-20-2004, 08:09 AM
The BT Headphones and X50 thread is actually on this forum,

http://www.pocketpcthoughts.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=34547