View Full Version : Here's Help With Calligrapher's PenCommander

Brad Adrian
11-18-2004, 07:26 PM
If you use Calligrapher and aren't taking full advantage of the power of the included PenCommander feature, you're really missing out on some great effort-saving capabilities. This tool can be used to create very simple but very powerful "macros" to do things like open an often-used document template, re-format text or launch applications.

Anyway, I found some information that should be helpful to anybody trying to create some of the more advanced macros:

http://www.phatware.com/doc/scriptref/index.html

acid
11-19-2004, 07:16 AM
thanks dude!

iv been using Calligrapher for a long time now but still have no idea what the pen commander does...

Brad Adrian
11-19-2004, 07:34 AM
You have GOT to learn to use the PenCommander! It makes entry of text, navigation and document management SO much easier. You can very easily set up shortcuts for words or actions you use often.

I also set up a PenCommander macro to use with PWord. When I edit reports, i like my comments to be in red text. So, I created a simple macro that quickly changes the active font color. And, I linked the macro to a button on the Calligrapher toolbar, so using it is a snap.

I am by no means an expert, but if you have any questions about PenCommander, don't hesitate to drop me a line.