View Full Version : iPod style headphones PLUS inconspicuous neck-level microphone

thebrian
11-17-2004, 10:02 PM
So here's my setup now: iPaq h6315 with HP bluetooth foldable keyboard. Highlight data is Wikipedia database and Websters Unabridged Dictionary.

Wishlist: keyboard that has a tiny nub mouse that fits between the keys to totally eradicate need for a stylus (my laptop has one of these

And: bud earphones WITH a microphone so I don 't have to change out between listening to music and talking on the phone. I've tried bluetooth headsets and they ain't my thing :)

If no one makes one of these, could *I* just whip out the wire cutters and start snipping and twisting? I noticed the single earbud/microphone combo that came with my iPaq has a different connector, obviously one of which is for the mic. It doesn't LOOK like it's for mono sound...

DSC
11-18-2004, 02:13 PM
Seidio has a retractable 2 in 1 headset for Ipaq 6315/6340. You can use it to listen to MP3 and also you can also use it to talk on the phone with the very same headset. and it is also a retractable one. You do not need to deal with tangled wires any more. It comes with inline microphone, volume control and also answerl/end button

http://www.seidioonline.com/SearchResults.asp?Cat=381

It works well.

thebrian
11-18-2004, 06:31 PM
pretty shnazzy! seems kinda cheap for all that functionality so I hope it lasts/is well built/has good sound quality. im honestly looking for something a little simpler. with the built in mic and hand controls we have the possibility of using microsoft voice command though

Q: will the phone stop playing music when a call comes in?