View Full Version : Where to buy x50v in the UK

AceRimmer
11-17-2004, 02:23 PM
Im interested in buying an x50v, unfortunately its £349! thats $648. I saw the 30% off offer in the US yesterday but they dont offer a coupon like that to the UK, and Dell US wont ship to the UK. If it was £250 id buy it but £349 is too much. Do dell do many offers in the UK?, I see they have 10% off the X30, otherwise I guess its just a matter of waiting till the next model comes and puts the price down. Why do we have to be ripped off so much here in the UK, if its not bad enough having to pay 80p+ ($1.5) a litre for pertrol, we have to pay £120 more. :cry:

America here I come!

hamishmacdonald
11-17-2004, 02:39 PM
I like it here. With all respect to Bernstein and Sondheim, I don't want to live in America. There's more to life than low prices.

Touchy subject; I'll veer away now.

I doubt you're going to find the x50v in any shops here for less than the price you quoted. What I've done in the past is buy from someone on eBay and have it shipped over. There are several x50vs on eBay at the moment:

http://search.ebay.com/Axim-x50v_W0QQsokeywordredirectZ1QQfromZR8

If they don't want to ship overseas, you could consider using a service like http://www.usabox.com/, who give you a mailing address in the US and forward any deliveries to you.

AceRimmer
11-17-2004, 02:49 PM
Argh that usabox.com would have come in handy yesterday. Have you ever used them before? Wouldnt like to buy something then someone nab it.

Funny what it says under unacceptable commodities

# Bullion
# Human remains

Not much use for pirates then.

I like living in the UK but its nice to complain now and then.

hamishmacdonald
11-17-2004, 04:34 PM
BWAH! I don't often type "LOL", but pirates... LOL.

I considered using USABox, but there was something that ultimately stopped me, something to do with money, if I recall correctly. I think you have to subscribe to it ongoingly or something.

I bought my previous Pocket PC from someone in the States on eBay, and didn't have any problems getting it (aside from how long it took to arrive), and I was very happy when HP UK serviced it for me one time with no hassles. (This is to say, I could do this all without a post-box there.)

Arrr! Pirates! Ha. You made my day.

Jonathon Watkins
11-17-2004, 10:55 PM
I didn't want the hastle, so bit the bullet and bough it from Dell UK. £350 isn't unfair, when you factor in that includes 17.5% VAT and the US prices don't include tax. Heck, I just to get hold of it soon, which was also a factor. :wink: