View Full Version : Desperately seeking assistance... r u smarter than Microsoft?

rdaprix
11-16-2004, 03:35 PM
Bet you haven't seen this one before. Here we go! My hard drive crashed on my dell laptop. Bad. Took all my MS-Money 2004 data with it. Worse.

One saving grace—I have the MS-Money data running on my Pocket PC (It’s an XDA) running Pocket Money.

Here’s the problem—I can’t find a way to get Activesync to blow the data from the pocket PC into MS Money (keep in mind—there’s no backup file for Money on the PC).

Does anyone know a way to sync the pocket PC with the Laptop (that has a new hard drive) and have the PC import the data from the pocket PC? I can’t seem to make it work and neither can Microsoft.

I will bow down before you if you can figure out how to do this. It just won’t take the data from the pocket PC and use it in money.

Any and all ideas welcome. I really, really, don’t want to lose all of my transactions and tax data and spend the next four months reconstructing and manually keyboarding four years of transaction from checkbook ledgers.

I’m desperate. Please help.

Notes: I have three versions of MS Money—2000 standard, 2004, and 2005 Deluxe, so we can work with any of them. I have Pocket Money on the Pocket PC running the latest software and Pocket PC Money installed from the Money 2004 disk (months ago).

The only files that are current and up to date are on the pocket PC (and I cannot move or copy them, it’s been tried):
There MUST be a way to use this Pocket Money data somehow. I can see the data files on the pocket PC. They are:
Money 2000 accounts 2.47 kb
Money 2000 Categories 27.9 kb
Money 2000 Investments 1.60 kb
Money 2000 Payees 3.99 Gb
Money 2000 Transactions 3.99 Gb
Surely, there must be some way to use these files or extract these data files into MS Money.

Finally, I have a backup file from Money 2000 Standard edition dated January 16, 2004. The pocket PC file has the synced file with Money 2004. I have tried restoring the 2000 file from Jan-04 in Money 2004, and then syncing THAT version with the pocket PC, but all that does is corrupt the data on the PPC.

The pocket pc is completely backed up on the SD card so that when this happens I can restore the pocket PC and regain the correct money data on the pocket PC as of a week ago. That’s as close as I can get.

I really am in trouble if I can’t fix this—we have a baby coming shortly and no time to type in a years worth of transactions and we need those transactions for the taxes and medical benefits.

Any help that could be provided would be most welcome! Help!

Even Microsoft is thus far stumped!

Steven Cedrone
11-16-2004, 03:58 PM
Thread locked. Please post replies here:

http://www.pocketpcthoughts.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=34482&highlight=

Steve