View Full Version : Is it a worth to invest iPAQ 4350/4355?

gally
11-14-2004, 08:28 PM
Hi!

I am very new to this forum and to the pocket pc world. I have been doing some research on the pocket pc. I am not sure which model I should go for. What I look for are Wi-Fi, GPS and some others. I notice that the iPAQ 4350/4355 is praised. I understand it was released last year. So, I wonder if there will be newer model coming up. Is it worth to invest the iPAQ 4350/4355 now? or should I look for other model? Wait for HP's newer model release?

Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
gally

christak
11-14-2004, 11:09 PM
PPCs are "not" investments... They are like cars -- they depreciate the second you get them and there is always a newer one available shortly after you buy... 8)

Having said that, the 4350 is a nice PPC -- with a built in keyboard... It's been out for about a year now, so there are/will be plenty of newer PPCs out that likely offer more "bang for the buck" than the 4350... It's a personal decision based on your needs... Personally, I'd buy a Dell X50v -- currently (with rebates and discounts) in the $404 to $450 range...

You should make a list of the things you really want and do some "searching" on this site and Brighthand...

Good Luck!

jasondearyou
11-15-2004, 12:08 AM
Well to help you even further, the most comprehensive pocket pc out there isn't the dell nor the ipaqs, this pocket pc is called the loox 720, it has everything you need and more for example.

the only thing that the highest line of Ipaqs which is the h4700 has that's better and that depends on your preference is the processor speed which will eat up battery anyway, and the screen size which is 4 inches, and a built in graphics acellerator.

The loox on the other hand has, USB host, which is like top of the line and only on a select amount of PPCs, it has a nice voip feature with extra speakers, also it has the regular, VGA, Wifi, BT, CF, SD, 520Mhz processor, windows 2003 SE, and a builtin 1.3mp camera with flash.
javascript:emoticon('0X')
#alien
Personally I wouldn't want anything else in a ppc, and it's cheaper than the h4700.

gally
11-15-2004, 01:19 AM
Hello Christak and Jasondearyou,

Thanks for your time to give your feedback.

Oh, I understand what investment means. Maybe I should say, "Is it a worth to buy it?"

I will take a look at Dell X50v and loox 720.

I know H4700 is nice but it is beyond my budget. Do you mean that it is better than H4350/4355?

Thanks again.

gally

christak
11-15-2004, 04:14 AM
...Do you mean that it is better than H4350/4355?

Depends on your definition of "better"... The hx4700 is the most expensive iPAQ available and it has some very nice features. However, its price is too high and it's too large of a PPC for me. So, I don't consider it "better" than other PPCs currently available. I prefer the Dell X50v, though I took a look at the Loox 720 -- it is "very impressive", but also a bit on the expensive side (and I would like a 624MHz processor).

There are many fine PPCs available, you need to "do your homework" and determine which one is "better" for you. No one here can tell you what is "best for you" without considerable input from you first.
8)

jasondearyou
11-16-2004, 06:34 PM
the reason i would go with the loox 720 over the dell is because it has a longer battery life, and it has USB host, meaning it could be used for so much more than the dell, also, it has a built in camera.