View Full Version : Program to PRE-remind you of birthdays?

freddiemac
11-14-2004, 05:23 PM
I remember using a long time ago a program that would take the birthdays that I have listed on my Pocket PC, and give me an option of having a reminder placed automatically in my calendar (like: Remember Fred's birthday in 4 days; and then the next it would read: Remember Fred's birthday in 3 days....or something like that).

Is there a program that does that or was I dreaming? I can't seem to find anything that isn't a separate program. I want something that will put it automatically into my calendar. (Yes, I know I could put a repeating task that lasted a week, leading up to the birthday and make it reoccuring every year....but want something more automatic).

Thanks for any suggestions.

Jason Dunn
11-14-2004, 05:58 PM
Lots of options here:

http://www.handango.com/ampp/store/PlatformSearch.jsp?siteId=311&jid=CA737ACD2C86XBDXXXB188F4C74E619E&platformId=2&txtSearch=birthday&optionId=1_2_2

:D

freddiemac
11-14-2004, 11:01 PM
Thanks, Jason

But I am looking for something that will put the info in my Calendar, NOT on the Today page. Unless I missed it, it looks like all the programs are either today page or separate programs. Any suggestions?

Jason Dunn
11-14-2004, 11:04 PM
But I am looking for something that will put the info in my Calendar, NOT on the Today page.

To get the birthday info into your calendar, you need to put the birthday info into your contact via Outlook.

Sven Johannsen
11-14-2004, 11:17 PM
Thanks, Jason

But I am looking for something that will put the info in my Calendar, NOT on the Today page. Unless I missed it, it looks like all the programs are either today page or separate programs. Any suggestions?

Problem with that concept is that it will only alarm when you tell it to. You can set it for 4 days in advance, but it will alarm once. You you will need to dismiss (won't alarm again) or postpone it. You can postpone for a day and do that each day. There is nothing in the normal calendar program that gives you a multiday countdown. Hence you need a third party something. Most seem to assume you'd want to be reminded on the Today screen since you see that a lot.

Vidge
11-15-2004, 03:28 AM
I'm looking for something similar. I use advances on various events (including birthdays & tax filing deadlines) on my T3 using DB5 and I really need the same thing on my hp4155.

freddiemac
11-15-2004, 05:23 AM
Let's try this all over again. I know how to add birthdays and anniversaries. Already have them on my PocketPC. What I want to have happen is to have a reminder IN THE CALENDAR ITSELF (say for the 5 days before a birthday) that it's coming up. NOT on the screen and NOT a separate program. (And not have to do each one manually, as a task)

If someone knows of such a program, I would be grateful.

Thanks.

Jason Dunn
11-15-2004, 05:29 AM
If you checked through every single one of those Handango apps and none of them work, I don't think that you're looking for exists. Personally, I haven't found that I've needed this because when I'm looking at my calendar I can see the birthday is coming up...

freddiemac
11-15-2004, 05:38 AM
Yep, thanks Jason. I did check each one. A couple might do it but there were no demos and their sites didn't say...export to Pocket PC.

It may not be out there. But I was hoping that when I opened my calendar and saw what was up for today, it would remind me that my sister's birthday was five days away. That would give me the time to send the card or buy the gift and get it there in time.

Oh well. Thanks for the help. If someone does know that "gem" out there, please post it here. I appreciate everyone's help.

tregnier
11-15-2004, 02:27 PM
I'm probably missing something, but why not create a task that is due 5 days before the birthday?

rhmorrison
11-15-2004, 02:34 PM
It may not be out there. But I was hoping that when I opened my calendar and saw what was up for today, it would remind me that my sister's birthday was five days away. That would give me the time to send the card or buy the gift and get it there in time.
That's exactly what those Today screen solutions are for, and then you don't even have to open the calander! And you see the reminder EVERY TIME that you look at your today screen until the event is over.

Also with the integrated PIM such as Pocket Informant and Agenda Fusion you can set filters, so in the PI Agenda View if you set a Filter for Birthdays then you will fill the page with upcoming Birthdays. I assume that Agenda Fusion has simular capabilies but I don't know since I bought Pocket Informant.