View Full Version : Free T-Mobile GPRS?

yanathin
11-14-2004, 06:22 AM
Is it me, or did T-Mobile stop their free wap.voicestream.com GPRS service from working again? I know it stopped once before, but then it started back up again... is it not working for other people right now, or is it just me? Please direct me to the place this topic has been discussed, if already posted.

OSUKid7
11-14-2004, 06:28 AM
ssh! lol. yeah, it's not working for me either. :( I was just staying quiet and hoping they'd turn it back on, but I guess not. I've learned to live with just WiFi, which is easier now that I have my 4705.

Who knows though, hopefully they'll turn it back on, but if I were T-Mobile, I wouldn't. :|

mbabischkin
11-18-2004, 01:12 AM
I spoke to T-Mobile's PDA response group (yes they actually have a support group for PDA users using T-Mobile for internet access) about this after my connection died late last week.

They have in fact instituted stricter firewall rules on wap.voicestream.net these rules were specifically geared towards using the $4.99 and $9.99 data plans.

BTW, I've got to say I'm impressed with the T-Mobile PDA people. I expected them to have a cow when I told them I was surfing the web with my PDA through their GPRS gateway. However they were extremely helpful, and appeared more knowledgeable than the average T-Mobile tech... :D

yanathin
11-20-2004, 03:00 AM
Hmm, so if I add the 4.99 plan then I'll get my WAP back? Because it still doesn't seem to be working for me...

mbabischkin
11-20-2004, 04:03 AM
Hmm, so if I add the 4.99 plan then I'll get my WAP back? Because it still doesn't seem to be working for me...

I think if I had read my post before submitting it, it might have made more sense :roll: :mrgreen:

The rules were put in place to restrict the $4.99 and $9.99 plans from having unrestricted access to the net. You may be able to do some limited browsing with the $4.99 and $9.99 plans but you'll probably find much (if not all) blocked.

The only way to get unrestricted surfing from T-Mobile right now is to upgrade to the $19.99 plan.

According to the people I spoke with at T-Mobile those rules went into effect about 2 weeks or so ago.

I would still suggest calling T-Mobile's PDA support group. They were extremely helpful when I spoke to them...

Cortex
11-23-2004, 04:39 AM
when you mention the 19.99 plan, are you referring to the INTERNET PLAN or is it for any PHONE PLANE 19.99 or greater?