View Full Version : Pharos CF Based GPS and Toshiba E830

Mitch D
11-14-2004, 06:02 AM
Good Day All,

I just today joined the brotherhood of WM based GPS users and I couldn't be more happy. Here is the small delema I face right now, I purchased the Pharos PF063 kit from work as it was disco'd and I got a great price from my boss (it helped that I dropped almost a $1000 buying new WM equipment) but here is the catch it only comes with MS Streets & Trips 2004 (I am upgrading shortly) which for the moment is fine. What I am looking for is a free/inexpensive app that will give me the basic information such as direction of travel, coordinates, and a compass (like a basic stand alone GPS has).

Does anyone know of one that is not GPS model specific?

Thanks All

globaloffice
11-14-2004, 04:42 PM
Mapopolis should work with the Pharos unit. http://www.mapopolis.com

Regards,
Roger

Cybrid
11-18-2004, 10:11 AM
Good Day All,

I just today joined the brotherhood of WM based GPS users and I couldn't be more happy. Here is the small delema I face right now, I purchased the Pharos PF063 kit from work as it was disco'd and I got a great price from my boss (it helped that I dropped almost a $1000 buying new WM equipment) but here is the catch it only comes with MS Streets & Trips 2004 (I am upgrading shortly) which for the moment is fine. What I am looking for is a free/inexpensive app that will give me the basic information such as direction of travel, coordinates, and a compass (like a basic stand alone GPS has).

Does anyone know of one that is not GPS model specific?

Thanks All What specifically did you want mitch? If you register at Pharos you could buy their Ostia for $29.95 or you could try DConnex...I'll post again later