View Full Version : sync via bluetooth with ipaq 2210

okanrua
11-12-2004, 09:20 AM
how can i do that. i tried some but couldn't manage

Darius Wey
11-12-2004, 10:25 AM
First of all, you need to predetermine which COM port on your PC is used for Bluetooth. You can usually find this in your drivers on the PC.

From there, you have to open up Connection Settings in ActiveSync on your PC (File > Connection Settings) and ensure that ActiveSync is set to work over the selected COM port. From there, you should pair your PC and Pocket PC together - this can be done from your PC as well (depends on what Bluetooth interface you have on your PC).

Now if you open up Bluetooth Manager on your Pocket PC, you can create a new connection via ActiveSync by following their step-by-step guide. If you run into any problems, let us know. ;)

Mobile_Bear
11-12-2004, 03:56 PM
I have the same problem.
AS only gives me the option to select one COM port: COM3

BT has selected COM39.

How do I coordinate them?

Darius Wey
11-12-2004, 05:22 PM
COM39? :?

Well if you're certain that COM3 is not being used, you can assign your Bluetooth device to connect via COM3. Right-click "My Computer" on the desktop or start menu, and select "Manage". From there, select "Device Manager", and navigate your way to the "Ports" tree. If you expand it, you will most likely find your Bluetooth device's port. Right-click the relevant one and select "Properties" and then click the "Port Settings" tab. now if you click the "Advanced" button, a pop-up window will appear, where you can select which COM port you want it assigned to. If you're 100% certain that COM3 is unused, then allocate the BT device to COM3, and you will get a warning window appearing asking if you're sure you want to do this. Again, if you're sure no conflicts will arise from this, click OK.

That should hopefully solve your COM problems.

Mobile_Bear
11-12-2004, 06:17 PM
:D It worked!

Thank you my little green friend!