View Full Version : X50V and Bluetooth phone and headset?

ChemNerd
11-12-2004, 05:51 AM
I have my X50V and I'm getting ready to change my phone with T-Mobile and get their mobile internet (just waiting for my contract to run out for bargining power). I'm extremely interested in this because I'll be at school for 7 hours a day on tuesdays and thursdays with lots of free time and my school's wireless network doesn't support PDAs.

Anyhow - what I'd like to do is have a bluetooth phone to share net connection with. I'd also like to get a bluetooth headset to use with both - phone for calls, pocketpc for music and voice stuff. I'm wondering how I can do all this before I go and spend my money. I'm also currious about things I might be able to do in addtion to my desires - like perhaps being able to dial from my contact list on my ppc or anything like that.

So can it happen and how? And what other features do I stand to gain if any? And I'm also looking for recomendations for products. Currently I was looking at the Nokia 3660 and a Logitech headset.

Thanks in advance.

ADBrown
11-12-2004, 08:46 AM
A Bluetooth headset won't be good quality for music. If you can afford it, you might consider the iPhono BT headphones. They're stereo Bluetooth headphones, supposed to be good quality, and double as a headset microphone for a phone or PPC. The only question is whether they'd be natively compatible with the X50v or if you would need to use the included dongle that plugs into the 3.5mm headphone jack on the Axim. I just don't know. Yes, with a BT phone you can dial numbers straight out of the Contacts app. You can also beam files to and from your phone/PPC. Internet is no problem, you just make the two machines friendly and tell the Axim to dial the code that tells the phone to connect to T-Mobile's internet service.