View Full Version : ... never say never

ombu
11-11-2004, 10:53 PM
"... these are great apps, download both and use them until the trial expires, compare and decide for yourself."

Everybody answered this to people asking questions about PI vs. AF, well, this time I did so (test latest ver trials) after being away from PO replacements for a while, and, the winner is ... Agenda Fusion!!! 8O

Can't believe this, I've been a PI user for years and compared it against AF sometimes, I don't remember the last one, then I was sure PI was forever, but, right now IMHO AF is better, much better!!! :!: Intuitive, a very nice GUI and has some useful features PI lacks, for now.

So, never say never and always keep an eye on other products, FWIW.

Close and hard competition brings better and better products, I'm cleaning my VISA :twisted: right now for AF, I'll find out again in a year or so.

Regards.

Darius Wey
11-12-2004, 06:52 AM
Just out of interest, were you testing the latest versions of the two apps? They were recently updated over the last week - and each update has added a host of new features. :mrgreen:

ombu
11-12-2004, 03:23 PM
Just out of interest, were you testing the latest versions of the two apps? They were recently updated over the last week - and each update has added a host of new features. :mrgreen:
Yes, I did.

StarTide
11-12-2004, 05:43 PM
So, were there specific things that changed your mind? Certain features or views that you preferred?

Just curious,

Startide

ombu
11-13-2004, 09:13 AM
So, were there specific things that changed your mind? Certain features or views that you preferred?

Just curious,

Startide

There's an over-all feeling about the GUI, you know, I find it more intuitive and appealing. Features, well, the year calendar now can be filled with colors and that helps a lot for planning, power text is great and templates too. Hourly week is great for moving date and time, it's been there for a while but somehow it's new for me.

There are some great details too, like a third sorting option in tasks, it allows me to sort them by due date, then by priority and then by subject, it's very useful if you have a bunch of tasks to deal with as I do. Color options can be configured in many usable ways much better than PI allows (I'm an old PI user) and ... so on, I'll go to bed now.

Regards.

StarTide
11-13-2004, 05:34 PM
Thanks ombu,

Agreed, I like the interface as well. I especially like that each view can be filtered separately. So, I can show kids schedule in one view, work in another, etc.. Each views options can also be configured separately as well.

Another thing I like is in the month icon view, it will show two icons for the same category on the same day.