View Full Version : Clearing Out and Speeding Up 4155

ToddJ
11-11-2004, 07:10 PM
I was wondering a good way to clear out all the old not used stuff in my 4155 and also how to speed it up? are there any good programs to do that?

Jeff Rutledge
11-11-2004, 07:21 PM
MemMaid does a good job. You can read more about it here (http://www.pocketpcthoughts.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=34007&highlight=memmaid).

Sven Johannsen
11-11-2004, 08:08 PM
A more drastic, but more effective approach is Hard Reset and rebuild. Make sure your ducks are in a row before you start this or it can be frustrating, to devastating.

ToddJ
11-11-2004, 10:13 PM
Thanks for the advice...I downloaded memory maid. I found that it says that in the Windows folder Messaging is using up a lot of memory (around 17mb.) There are around 7000 messages in it! What are these for? Is it safe to delete them?

DinarSoft
11-12-2004, 09:10 AM
Thanks for the advice...I downloaded memory maid. I found that it says that in the Windows folder Messaging is using up a lot of memory (around 17mb.) There are around 7000 messages in it! What are these for? Is it safe to delete them?
Do you mean the Notification Queue ?
It's safe only to delete the duplicates, unless you know exactly what you are doling.
You can tap [Find Duplicate] and MemMAid will mark the duplicates for you and then tap [delete].

Andy Whiteford
11-12-2004, 11:15 AM

Doesn't this relate to email? There should also be an attachments folder in there. Do you sync all your email with no expiry and also attachments? Check your PPC inbox for content under all accounts.