View Full Version : Sprint's Audiovox 6600

pocketaddict#1
11-11-2004, 03:49 AM
Looking for advice from users. I just deactivated my T600 and activated an Audiovox 6600. Sprint has not been able to provision the phone. They claim that the problem is on the east and southeast. Can anyone offer some help with the connection settings. I get the message "no modem" with the above number (#777) whenever I try to make an internet connection. The phone works fine but no data available.

timS
11-12-2004, 05:57 PM
Sorry I cannot answer your question, but I am interested in the device you are claiming you have. Is it truly the 6600 or is it the 6601? I spoke with Sprint 2 days ago and they claimed the 6600 (the one with the built-in camera) would not be available until December.

In either case, I am very interested in this device and would love to hear your views on it (other than the inability to make it work as a modem).

MikeGL2
11-12-2004, 08:40 PM
I had the same issue and people in other forums have too. The problem is that the vision provisioning does not work when prompted manually. To fix it people have been going onto sprintpcs.com and changing their password. The new passwod will be issued to the phone and in the process provisioning occurs. Ever since vision has rocked! I am so glad I went with the 6601 over the treo 650! Hope this works for you.

pocketaddict#1
11-12-2004, 08:50 PM
I have the 6601 (no camera). I was not attempting to use as a modem. Sprint was not able to get the phone to provision. After 2 days and 8+ hours, the phone is now provisioned and works well. The techs at Sprint were not trained until Wednesday on this device. Only level II techs can handle issues at this time. I have not had the opportunity to do much. It appears that my T600, Audiovox 5600 and ipaq4705 will be sold. The pda is powerful enough, and has enough memory to meet my needs.

mmcxiiad
11-13-2004, 04:29 AM
i got mine working without a problem on tuesday. i live south of virginia beach almost by N. Carolina. so this is definitly not a south/east problem.

eric

arahmed
11-17-2004, 06:23 AM
How is everybody connecting their 6600/6601 to the pc? Bluetooth or their is a cable supplied?

Has anybody been successful connecting via Bluetooth?

yitzchakis
11-17-2004, 05:34 PM
This is helpful...my 6601 is able to surf the web, however its disapointly slow...I just changed my password so hopefully it will re-provision myself.

When I went to sprintpcs.com and looked up "details about my phone" it said "UNKNOWN DEVICE".....does anyone else get this?

Thanks in advance for any advise.

Isaac

thePhoneGuy
12-02-2004, 03:50 AM
You have to go to SprintPCS -> Sprint Business Solutions -> Products and Services -> PCS Phones. The PPC-6601 is not listed under the consumer sprintpcs.com website.

Regards.