View Full Version : WMP 10 Album Art?

yanathin
11-11-2004, 03:16 AM
That x50v picture plastered all over the Dell website has a picture of the album cover of the song that's being played... where do I put the picture for each album cover? Also, what size does the picture have to be? That area is just so... blank.. without it.

I read the FAQ on microsoft.com, but I really don't want to sync all my music that way.. All I wanna do is put a picture in the folder of the album and have it displayed. Apparently they don't want it to be that easy, though...

Darius Wey
11-11-2004, 12:59 PM
Album art for a media file is embedded within the media file itself. If you want to do this, you need to edit its tag. You can do this in WMP on the PC. Just right-click the file in the Now Playing list, select Advanced Tag Editor, and there's a tab which allows you to embed album art.

I don't think you will be able to simply stick a picture in a folder and expect WMP10 Mobile to use it as album art - however, having said that, I don't have WMP10 Mobile so I may be wrong.

jgrnt1
11-11-2004, 03:32 PM
I'm not sure about WMP10 Mobile either, but I believe you can set WMP10 on your PC to automatically retrieve album art. Go to OPTIONS==>LIBRARY and check the box next to "Retrieve additional information from the internet." When you are connected to the 'net and have WMP10 running, it should try to update your music files with any missing information, including album art, if, according to the help file, you do the following:

If this check box is selected and you perform any of the following actions, the Player tries to update any missing media information in your music files by sending data about the files to a database operated by WindowsMedia.com:

- Use the Library feature for the first time after updating the Player
- Add files to your library by searching your computer
- Add files to monitored folders, such as My Music

For example, if you have music files that contain the artist name but not the album name, the Player adds the album name to the file after retrieving the information from the database.

The Player also adds album art to files and music folders in your My Music folder.

I assume that once album art is embedded in a music file, you will be able to show it on your PPC. I can't test this, because HP hasn't made WMP10 available for the 4700. :evil: