View Full Version : cannot sync ipaq ppc with dell laptop

bllhded
11-10-2004, 06:52 AM
i have a dell inspiron 1000 and an hp 1945 ppc
i installed active sync cd but the laptop doesnt recognize
my ppc as being connected. i have uninstalled active sync , i have tried different usb port nothing works. i connected ppc to my desktop ( my old hp pavilion ) it sync'd right up no problems.
does anyone have any ideas im stumped!!?????

MitchellO
11-10-2004, 07:21 AM
Could be a problem with your USB ports. Does other devices work? I have an 8600, and have no problems syncing with USB. I normally us bluetooth or wifi, but USB works just fine.

Darius Wey
11-10-2004, 09:30 AM
First off, the ActiveSync included on the CD is a little old so you may want to head over to Microsoft to download the updated 3.7.1 (Build 4034) version.

Secondly, have you opened up the USB communications port? To do this, open up ActiveSync (on the PC) and click File > Connection Settings. Make sure the box is ticked next to "Allow USB connection with this desktop computer". Additionally, you may also want to make sure that ActiveSync on your Pocket PC is enabled to synchronise via USB. To do this, tap on Tools > Options, then tap on the Options button and enable the USB connection.

bllhded
11-10-2004, 02:41 PM
yep, usb ports are ative on my laptop. i actually get a flash on my ppc that says its communicating but then it comes back saying no connection. i have downloaded 3.7.1 still same problem????