View Full Version : Who has an ASUS a730?

Typhoon
11-09-2004, 06:06 AM
I just want to get an idea. It looks like this forum is dead. Who here has an ASUS a730? I do. I also bought a 2 GB CF card and a WIFI SD card. By the way, I had always thought that ASUS was pronounced "A-SUSS"...but when I called them up, the phone system pronounced it as "A-SOOS".

outie
11-11-2004, 05:31 AM
I just sold my sony ux50 to buy this asus a730. I also bought a 512mb sd card. After reading the reviews from various places it is not as bad as I thought it is.

Yeah asus is pronounced as "a-soos". A lot of people aren't pronouncing it correctly =)

Typhoon
11-11-2004, 07:06 AM
lol

Johnathan
11-24-2004, 07:32 AM
ha
"a-soos" funny:)

Typhoon
11-24-2004, 09:02 AM
lol it's funny but a cool name. I think it's better than A-SUS. It is a Taiwanese company...I can't imagine any American companies coming up w/the same name.

riuster
12-17-2004, 07:31 PM
lol it's funny but a cool name. I think it's better than A-SUS. It is a Taiwanese company...I can't imagine any American companies coming up w/the same name.

How about A-WUS?

nategesner
12-19-2004, 12:45 AM
I just ordered mine and expect it within the next few days. It would sure be nice to get some feedback from other users!

I'm especially interested in the USB capability. Will I have the ability to buy a USB adaptor that enables me to plug in USB devices? I have a USB phone cable and want to use my PDA to surf the net. Problem is, the cable also charges the phone and I don't want my phone sucking power from my ASUS!

Speaking of power, I would love to hear how the battery is holding up for normal users. The testers range from terrible to awesome and I don't know who to believe.

Darius Wey
12-19-2004, 04:29 AM
I just ordered mine and expect it within the next few days. It would sure be nice to get some feedback from other users!

Zack's review on the A730 was just published earlier in the week. Here's (http://www.pocketpcthoughts.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=34628) a link if you're interested.

~TET~
10-21-2005, 05:03 AM
I just got mine on the 17of Oct. I did about a five day research on it. the only bad thing I found was the camera didnt have enough lightin and the batteries sucked. But camera who cares!! lol atleast I dont . And the battery life!!, Well sense Qooo came up with his brilliant idea " GIVIN MAJOR PROPS" I decided to get it ASAP!! O yeah Qooo tell me how long that battery lives for " As in, it decides to melt in ur pda!! lol" I have DL alot of programs for it!! Nice games like"tiger woods PGA tour golf, etc and movies!! its holds alot of questions on how and what it can do!! A+++++ PDA~!!

kaitanium
10-21-2005, 11:52 PM
would have bought one, but i had some beef with my "friend," who just happens to own asus in taiwan or is a so partner-ceo-pesron of. so too bad for that....

yea i couldnt believe it either, that a person i know actually owns asus taiwan. filthy rich i tell you. i guess i wont be supporting asus from here on out.