View Full Version : dumb bluetooth question?

Atomb
11-08-2004, 05:14 PM
I know that people are able to surf on their PPC via bluetooth and their bluetooth enabled cell phone. However, i apologize if this is a dumb question, is it a given that I will be able to sync my contacts from my PPC to my cell phone via bluetooth so that i wouldn't have to carry my PPC with me all the time to access my phonebook?

I'm thinking along the lines of syncing all my contacts (or select ones) with their respective phone numbers into my cell. then on the weekends, etc. when i'm only carrying my cell, i have access to all those numbers.

Is this a given or impossible?

Thanks in advance.

Dazbot
11-08-2004, 06:48 PM
It would really depend on what phone you have and if there is any software that would talk to the phone and pocket outlook or whatever software your using.

I'd like to sync my Nokia 6310i with my laptops Outlook contacts via bluetooth if anyone knows how, without re-entering them all.

Sven Johannsen
11-08-2004, 07:51 PM
I think it is easier for you guys to investigate a way to sync your phone with Outlook on your desktop. Presumably that is the same contact list you are syncing to your PPC.

When I got my BT dongle for the PC so that I could to BT AS with the PC, I got with it the ability to sync the phone with Outlook. It was just there. The BT manager on the PC saw my T610, I paired them, and one of the profile options was PIM sync. I clicked it and BAM, all my contacts and calendar entries were on the cell.