View Full Version : Bluetooth issues w/4705: can't connect from 4705 to PC but the reverse works. Ditto w/the 4705 and laptop

eieio
11-07-2004, 08:33 AM
just got my 4705 today. it connected to my home's wifi (linksys wireless router) without any issues whatsoever, so i was pleased, but then other issues came up...

(1) my desktop PC's Bluetooth usb adapter (3Com) can pair and connect to the 4705, and i was successful in sending a picture from my PC to the 4705. HOWEVER, the 4705 would "see" the desktop PC/3Com adapter, but when i clicked on the icon, after several seconds, it would say "pairing UNsuccessful". during all this time, my PC's 3Com software continues to display "paired" w/the 4705!

Does anyone know what to do? The manual days nothing about this and just says "when connected, ..." , well, er, i can't get it to be connected from the 4705 to the PC, but oddly, the reverse is fine.

By the way, the 4705 behaved the same way with my IBM laptop: my laptop can send files to the 4705 but the 4705 would only say "pairing unsuccessful". ugh!

Tried to soft reset a few times, and finally did a hard reset. Nothing worked so far.

(2) Settings icons "frozen": about a couple of hours after i charged it fully, i took it out to a Starbuck's to try the TMobile Hotspots internet connection. while trying different things to configure, the Settings tab's icons (i.e. Brightness of screen, etc) are all sort of frozen! Meaning, if i wanted to adjust the brightness of the screen, and i was trying to, the icon for Brightness would be blue and hightlighted, but it won't go beyond that. I did a soft reset by pressing the stylus in the bottom of the 4705 for about 1/2 second, when the 4705 rebooted, it worked. BUT then, an hour later back home...

(3) the wireless icon on the bottom right of the screen (at the Today page) disappeared mysteriously! while trying to test my home Bluetooth devices' connectivity to the 4705, somehow the icon was just gone. then, the Bluetooth connections (got there by accessing Setup, Bluetooth...) said that the Bluetooth radio was off (!) due to INSUFFICIENT memory...blah blah blah...must RESET... blah blah. So, I had to do yet another soft reset.

So in summary, i had to do two soft resets in the span of the first 3 hours of turning this 4705 on!

even after the multiple soft resets and a couple of hard resets, the 4705 would not "pair" w/my desktop PC.

any advice? thanks!

eieio
11-09-2004, 03:58 PM
I'm having big issues w/my Bluetooth on my ipaq 4705. Both my PC and laptop can see and pair with the 4705 and can send files to it. BUT, when I initiate from the 4705, it will not connect/pair w/either my PC or my laptop, though the PC and laptop BOTH continue to show that everything's fine and that they are still paired w/the 4705. So the problem is unidirectional.

From the PC and the laptop's point of view, there's nothing wrong. They see and are paired w/the 4705 and can send files. The problem is when you initiate with the 4705, it does see the PC and the laptop, it's just that when I try to connect, the connection is "unsuccessful".

Would someone know where I can post a Norton Internet Security question or find a Norton Internet Security expert?

No one has answered me yet on my Bluetooth question as posted on this thread.

Thanks in advance!