View Full Version : How does one send SMS through Motorola V600 using 4150?

Jacques G
11-06-2004, 12:01 PM
Help! I have searched high and low on the internet with google and here on the PPC thoughts using the search function and cannot seem to figure out how to send SMS from my 4150 through my Motorola V600. I have already paired the two devices and even tried to use the program called Simple SMS, to no avail. Anyone have any ideas of what I am forgetting or failing to do? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers;
Jacques

ch_thom
11-06-2004, 01:35 PM
Personally I use SMS Manager from Pocket Presence. It worked fine on my 3970 and 550 with a Nokia 3650 and it still works on my 4700 with a Motorola V3.

One thing you have to do with SMS Manager though is make sure you have paired your 'phone with your PDA, then it set up to send SMS through a bluetooth modem (via the options screen), finally the first time you use it make sure your 'Phone is in 'discover me' mode.

It may be then that you have to do something similar with Simple SMS - are you sure you've set it up correctly?

Jacques G
11-06-2004, 02:50 PM
Personally I use SMS Manager from Pocket Presence...
...make sure you have paired your 'phone with your PDA, then it set up to send SMS through a bluetooth modem (via the options screen), finally the first time you use it make sure your 'Phone is in 'discover me' mode.

It may be then that you have to do something similar with Simple SMS - are you sure you've set it up correctly?

Thanks. I will try that to see if it makes a difference.