View Full Version : What do you carry all of your gadgets around in?

Phillip Dyson
11-05-2004, 10:48 PM
Hey all,

Okay, my assortment of gadgets seems to be growing every day. And I'm needing something to carry it all around in.

I would like suggestions from business to casual to recreational.
If you bought them on line, links would be appreciated as well.
Or just plain suggestions if you adapted something for you purposes.

Heres what I've got.

*HP2215 (probably soon to be x50v)
Sync cable.
Bluetooth keyboard.
Wifi CF card
GPRS CF card (future purchase)
Extra CF cards for movies and songs

*Ipod
Stand, charging cable, headphones.

*Smartphone
Charging Cable
Bluetooth headset

*USB Jump drive

you get the picture... 8O

Ripper014
11-05-2004, 11:11 PM
You need a purse... or a MAN purse... in the past I seldom had all my accessories with me... but since I am currently back in school I have all my stuff in a backpack and valet... this affords me the room for my additional goodies...

Deus
11-05-2004, 11:28 PM
The more devices become portable the less portable we become!!!

You could try ScottEVest products. A little costly in my opinion but nice products

Possum48
11-05-2004, 11:47 PM
to be carrying around. But if you must carry all that stuff then you must.

I just bought the Man Bag Axible for my PPC, cell phone, mini headphones, wallet, foldable keyboard. Still have room for a few more things depending on where I'm going and what I plan to do.

With so much stuff you may want to try the Daytrek version of their product.

I can use my Man Bag in all situtations except maybe hiking throught the woods but I don't see any situations where I would use any of those items on a hike except maybe for the cell phone. which is small enough to put in a pocket.

You can find the manbag stuff here: www.manbag.com

Good luck finidng something that will do the job for you.

jickbahtech
11-06-2004, 12:30 AM
I dont have a ton of stuff, a 3950 in a Dual CF PiTech an assortment of cards (storage and wireless), some headphones, a retractable sync and charge, and an extra stylus. My whole setup fits very nicely into an $8 Case Logic camera bag.

Kati Compton
11-06-2004, 03:04 AM
A popular choice is either a Pod or PodZilla from RoadWired. However, if that's too bulky (for me, they are too deep), there's a few many bags that I linked to in a previous thread.

http://www.pocketpcthoughts.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=33589&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=20

Scroll to the bottom.

I actually bought the one that I said I may consider for travelling. it's on the large side (12"x12"), but it's depth isn't too bad (2.5", expandable). I'll be taking it with me to Australia and using it instead of a purse. It's in no way girly, though. If it were any more manly I wouldn't want to carry it. :P

Kati Compton
11-06-2004, 03:07 AM
You can find the manbag stuff here: www.manbag.com

Good luck finidng something that will do the job for you.
The one I'm suggesting is more manly but more casual. It's more of a "field" bag.

Deus
11-06-2004, 04:01 AM
You can probably find something at Roadwired

http://www.roadwired.com/

let me know if this helps.

Darius Wey
11-06-2004, 04:51 AM
Here's a gadget bag company: http://www.crumpler.com.au/

You have to drag the puppet across the screen to see the products. If you have time, play around with all the buttons and chains, it'll leave you amused for a few minutes.

catatonix
11-06-2004, 07:04 AM
I carry round a bum-bag (carry being the operative word - I hate wearing it). My man-bag contains
Digital camera
2 x spare sets of camera batteries
USB cable for camera
Mini-tripod for camera
Winwood 6-in-1 card reader
USB cable for the card reader
Toshiba PPC
Spare (old Newton) plastic stylus
Netcomm CF Modem card
Cheap ear-bug phones
4-port USB hub
Also various items of medication but let's not go there

Oh yeah and a shoulder bag with 3 or 4 plug-in chargers, the cradle device for the Toshiba and a 4-socket power adapter. Sheesh

Kowalski
11-06-2004, 09:10 AM
The more devices become portable the less portable we become!!!

this explains why i am walking like a frog with all my pockets full of devices :roll:

Stephen Beesley
11-06-2004, 11:43 AM
Here's a gadget bag company: http://www.crumpler.com.au/

You have to drag the puppet across the screen to see the products. If you have time, play around with all the buttons and chains, it'll leave you amused for a few minutes.

Exactly the brand I use - a crumpler has been my main gadget repository for the last few years (and that is not counting the two Cumpler camera bags!). They come in all shapes and sizes, sturdy construction, very cool and all round great company. Well what do you expect - after all they are Australian.... :D