View Full Version : DVD Conversion Software

piperpilot
11-05-2004, 07:36 PM
Any thoughts about which of the DVD conversion software is best? I received an e-mail from Clickgamer offering discounts on DVD to Pocket PC, Pocket DVD Wizard and Pocket DVD Studio. I have DVD to Pocket PC and have trouble converting television shows on DVD to my PPC--the software will only convert the first episode of a multi-episode DVD. Also, the audio is not synchronized correctly with the video and it kind of drives me nuts.

Ripper014
11-05-2004, 11:14 PM
I like DvD Studio... but I am not sure how much more success you will have... there is a demo so you can try it out... But you might be better off doing it the traditional way... with Smart Ripper... etc...

Darius Wey
11-06-2004, 04:25 AM
In my opinion, the best way, and the FREE way, is XMPEG and then PocketDivXEncoder.

XMPEG will rip it to a normal DivX file (if you want, you can scale it to a Pocket PC resolution so you can bypass the whole PocketDivXEncoder procedure). PocketDivXEncoder will simply optimise it for your handheld, provided you haven't done so in XMPEG already.

jpf
11-08-2004, 12:19 AM
I followed that clickgamer link and bought Studio. After trying the free codec I bought the divx pro one. The output looks good and there's not a whole lot to configure. So it's good in that respect but not good if you want to get your hands dirty with lots of configuration settings.

The appearance is a bit off-putting too. I kind of 'forced apple app'. I would have much preferred an option to switch the 'skin' off.

I can't fault the output though except the fact that I have been unable to copy a 412MB avi onto an formatted blank 512MB sd card.