View Full Version : IPAQ Through FM Radio

jsstevo
11-05-2004, 04:32 PM
I have seen articles on a piece of kit that attaches to an IPAQ and allows the stereo output to be broadcast on FM, so that you can tune-in a FM radio, such as a car radio, and have the music played through the speakers and amp.

I can now only find this for an iPOD.

Does anyone know of the hardware the does this?

Cheers

Jonathan

Darius Wey
11-05-2004, 04:39 PM
The Belkin TuneCast II Mobile FM Transmitter (http://catalog.belkin.com/IWCatProductPage.process?Merchant_Id=&Section_Id=2062&pcount=&Product_Id=166893) does the trick.

There are other models out there but they all do the same thing - they plug into your audio ouput port and it relays the signal to your radio via the frequency you set on the unit.

piperpilot
11-05-2004, 07:23 PM
Arkon Industries also has several PDA car mounts that use a transmitter to send sound from the PDA to a location on the FM band. I have one and it works great.

axe
11-05-2004, 07:25 PM
Radio Shack has one as well. I think it is $20-30 CDN. It also has a large frequency broadcast range, 88.1 - 91.1MHz I think it is. I've got one and it works pretty well.

AXE

Kati Compton
11-05-2004, 07:27 PM
Bascially, any FM transmitter that plugs into a headphone port of an electronic device will work fine. There's a ton out there. Just make sure you get an "FM transmitter", not "FM tuner".

jsstevo
11-05-2004, 08:40 PM
Does anyone know if these are available in the UK?

Darius Wey
11-06-2004, 04:33 AM
Does anyone know if these are available in the UK?

This (http://www.google.co.uk/search?hl=en&q=fm+transmitter&btnG=Google+Search&meta=cr%3DcountryUK%7CcountryGB) should get you started. They're definitely available, but if I remember correctly, there may be some legality issues present with broadcasting signals in the UK. But hey...I'm on the other side of the world, so I'm not too sure on that one. I'll let someone from the UK fill you in on that one. :mrgreen: