View Full Version : Who uses more than one PPC?

bigkingfun
11-05-2004, 04:17 AM
I've got the chance to pick up an e800 for a good price but I really like my iPAQ 4150. The e800 seems huge compared to the 4150, but the VGA screen is really tempting me. I'm contemplating using both, but I don't really know how that would work out for me.

Does anyone here use more than one PPC regularly for any reason other than reviews and/or comparison testing? If so, what do you do with two separate devices?

Also, can two different models/brands of PPC be synced with the same computer?

Sven Johannsen
11-05-2004, 04:40 AM
You can certainly sync both. There are a couple of caveats, such as Inbox and Money only supporting one partner, but most everything else works fine. You can even selectively sync, or not sync, items on each.

I use a 4155 for my day to day stuff and I have a 2215 set up as a navigation device. With the built in BT and dual slots, it is very versatile as far as using a BT or CF GPS and still having a Flash slot for maps.

You could use the second device as a sort of portable media center. With the VGA screen it would probably support video well and you could get some big storage for those an MP3s or WMAs. With a second device for fun, you can use it without being concerned about the battery getting too low. Keep a decent backup and you can always restore, but you don't have to worry about not having enough juice to get to something important.

seaflipper
11-05-2004, 07:03 AM
You could use the second device as a sort of portable media center. With the VGA screen it would probably support video well and you could get some big storage for those an MP3s or WMAs. With a second device for fun, you can use it without being concerned about the battery getting too low. Keep a decent backup and you can always restore, but you don't have to worry about not having enough juice to get to something important.

I would certainly do that with the e800. VGA & Betaplayer are awesome. You can buy a 1 gb SD card for cheap and put a movie on there and have a portable movie player. If you have kids, it's even better - you have a small TV for your car... I setup a friend with an old iPaq to do just that. It would be a heck of lot better on a VGA scree, that's for sure!

wocket
11-05-2004, 09:53 AM
I own an iPAQ2210 and the Tosh E800 both of which I love. I mainly us the 2210 now in work to keep my appointments and shedule also doing inventory on it at the minute. The Tosh is for everything multimedia betaplayer runs sweet on it and a load of work i've been doing for University massive numbers of notes on a massive screen priceless.

The really great thing is I swap between the two of them depending on how many pockets in going to have so to speak.

Also you can stick WM2003SE on the Tosh and then take it off again and go back to WM2003FE. Someone posted newer ATI drivers for it as well over at brighthand so it runs a bit quicker in SE and of course you will need myVGA so everything runs in VGA.