View Full Version : Ipaq 3715 - occasional screen "wiggle"

shb
11-04-2004, 10:39 PM
I'm wanting to know if this is normal or if I should exchange my ipaq 3715. It's a bit hard to describe but on occasion the screen gets to vibrating slightly. It might only last a second or two but sometimes it's lasted longer. I'm thinking it could be when a program like my email is using the wifi radio and pulling more power temporarily, but it happens in the cradle as well.

Has anyone else experienced this?

Darius Wey
11-05-2004, 04:03 AM
Is this an actual physical vibration? The only thing I could think of is some component within the device that's causing it, or there is some audible sound in your locality causing resonance in your screen. Either way, the screen sounds a little loose so you may want to contact HP.

shb
11-05-2004, 06:16 AM
I should clarify- it is not a physical vibration but a visible one. What happens is that the display appears to jiggle. I thought it must be my eyes at first but now know it is not. If you've ever placed a fan near your computer monitor and seen the display appear to jiggle in time to the fan's rotation you will know what I mean.

I am beginning to suspect that it is happening when my ipaq is running something in the background like checking email that is drawing extra power.

The problem is that it only happens occasionally so it would be hard to demonstrate to the store clerk...

Darius Wey
11-05-2004, 06:21 AM
A little strange I have to admit. I've never seen this on any iPAQs I have come into contact with. You may want to contact HP as it is under warranty I presume. I'm sure they'll be happy to fix it for you.