View Full Version : MS Reader Activation with WM2003SE

charliew
11-04-2004, 05:23 AM
I just got my rx3715. I was a bit surprised to find that MS Reader was not already loaded on it, but not overly concerned. I downloaded the latest version from Microsoft, and installed it.

When I went to activate it, I get the following error:

"Activation Error
You have an older version of Pocket PC which does not support Activation. Activation requires Pocket PC 2002 or later."

Now, my unit is running WM 2003 SE, which last time I checked was most recent OS availabe. Has anyone else experienced this? Does anyone know a solution to this?

Thanks

Jason Dunn
11-04-2004, 06:26 AM
I *think* this is a known bug, but let me check on that for you...I gave up on MS Reader a long time ago. :roll:

Jerry Raia
11-04-2004, 06:46 AM
Palm reader is much better I think.

Don't Panic!
11-04-2004, 02:54 PM
Activation went fine on my Dell X30. Until that is I update my ROM to A05. Now I get the same message you did charliew. Not that big a problem for me though. The books from Baen.com don't need it. Still pretty strange though. Just a matter of time until it's fixed. But hey charlie if you like Sci-Fi and Fantasy check out www.baen.com/library for over 40 free relatively recent novels in those genres.

Don't Panic!
Bobby

Don't Panic!
11-04-2004, 05:50 PM
charliew-did you by any chance install Microsoft Reader somewhere other than main memory? I just uninstalled mine from Built In Storage, Insatlled it to main memory and activated without a hitch. I have really got to start reading the directions to these programs one of these days. :oops:

Don't Panic!
Bobby

charliew
11-06-2004, 06:36 PM
I was trying to install it on the ipaq file store folder. Putting it in the main memory fixed the problem.

(Thanks for the link to free books.) :D