View Full Version : Another Dell Horror Story

gtmtnbiker98
11-04-2004, 04:26 AM
Just this evening, I called Dell Customer Care to check the order of my long awaited Axim X50v. After being forwarded to four different reps, I finally got to talk to somebody who half-way knew what they were talking about. After explaining the run around I just suffered through, he decided to upgrade my shipping to next business day and further explained how this was a new product and that my scheduled ship date was on or before 11/15/04.

After about 30-minutes, I checked my order status to ensure that my shipping was upgraded and to my unpleasant surprise my order was cancelled! Can you believe that, cancelled!!!! But at least my shipping was upgraded. What the ^%$?

So after another hour on the phone (blood pressure 190/150) I had an opportunity to speak with a Customer Service Manager. So now, my estimated delivery date is 12/02/04. Never again, Dell!!

Jason Dunn
11-04-2004, 05:01 AM
Wow...that sucks! 8O

gtmtnbiker98
11-04-2004, 06:26 PM
Well, after the horror story, my order was re-placed at 11:15 PM EST on 11/03/04. I checked my order status again today, 11/04/04 and it had already shipped and is scheduled for next day delivery. If Dell comes through like this then perhaps the nightmare was worth it. Goes to show you just how fast they can process their orders when you bark loud enough. Not to mention how much equipment I purchase from then on behalf of my employer on an annual basis. And yes, that was brought to their attention.

egads
11-05-2004, 03:40 PM
I just received my X50v yesterday!!!
Charged her up and played a bit and was in love with the VGA display.

Took the X50v off of the cradle/charger and it would not power up!
Battery says its charged, but the X50v thinks its not. Guess it's going back to Dell :(

EVERY Dell product I have ever received has taken 2 times to get it right:
1) My first X50 was stolen off of my door step (not Dell's fault, UPS's)
2) My Dell 20Gig DJ did not work out of the box
3) My X50v does not work either.

It's very hard on a gadget nerd to wait till the gadget shows up, then has to box it back up the same day to send it back. :evil:

I'll call Dell and bitch today, they will take care of it I know, but it's still a pain...

CESkins
11-05-2004, 05:40 PM
Egads are you sure that the lock switch on the side of the x50v is not set to button lock? If that's the case, none of the buttons (including the power button) will work.

egads
11-05-2004, 05:52 PM
Egads are you sure that the lock switch on the side of the x50v is not set to button lock? If that's the case, none of the buttons (including the power button) will work.

Yes, I'm sure. I just got off the phone with the Dell tech. support and I have a new unit coming.

I can play around with the unit I have with it powered in the cradle till the new one shows up.

Thanks for the reply!!!

CESkins
11-05-2004, 05:55 PM
Bummer...at least you still get to play with it and it's not DOA (dead on arrival). The screen rocks. I have a hard time using my 4150 after using the x50v. Once you go VGA, there is no going back.