View Full Version : Don't buy this Targus case!

hamishmacdonald
11-03-2004, 03:30 PM
http://www.hamishmacdonald.com/targus.jpg

I bought one of these Targus cases -- a brown leather case with a swivel-clip on the back. I thought it looked nice, and I used it quite happily for a while.

On a recent trip, I discovered that the screen of my iPAQ was badly scratched. Figuring I'd been reckless with my Pocket PC, I chalked it up to a stupid mistake (standing at the Arc de Triomphe, trying to check my TomTom CityMap, stuffing the iPAQ loose into my pocket).

So I took the plunge and bought a Pocket LOOX (sweet!). Imagine my horror when I discovered -- mere days after getting this new and rather expensive device -- that it had the same scratch on its screen, and pressure damage to the display underneath.

Happily, Fujitsu-Siemens are replacing the screen under warranty for me, though -- *shh!* I realise there's no reason why they should do this. (Big, big customer points to them.)

When I thought I was going to have to pay for the screen replacement, I wrote to Targus, who offered me replacement case. As if I'd ever use one of their products again after this one damaged two pieces of my equipment!

So beware this Pocket-PC-chewing case!