View Full Version : why not ipaq built in back up

okanrua
11-02-2004, 03:02 PM
ok. this topic has been argued for a long time but i still can't understand why everybody is looking for a backup software. is ipaq backup risky or is it not enough. pls let me know... :?

Darius Wey
11-02-2004, 03:13 PM
ok. this topic has been argued for a long time but i still can't understand why everybody is looking for a backup software. is ipaq backup risky or is it not enough. pls let me know... :?

iPAQ Backup is not risky, but it only contains the basic core foundations of the Sprite Software Backup package. People wanting to get the most out of the backup software tend to upgrade to the full package offered by Sprite, or they look for other backup software packages that allow them to do many other things that the iPAQ Backup application cannot do. Some nice upgradeable features are remote backups, and greater customisation over what is backed up, when it's backed up and where it's backed up.

okanrua
11-03-2004, 07:24 AM
ok than if it's not risky i ll go with the ipaq back up. i am not looking for any extra. it should just save my files if i have a hard reset. thats all.
tha....

IpaqMan2
11-03-2004, 07:42 AM
Well being new to the HP iPaq.... it was mentioned that ipaq back up is not like the full version????

All I want to to is be able to bring my iPaq back to where it was if ever I get a hard reset, can I do that with the Ipaq back up or do I need to buy the full version?

I pretty much don't care where it's saved as long as it's in my external storage and am not picky as to what is back'ed up as long as I can get it all back functioning.

I appreciate any info.

Darius Wey
11-03-2004, 07:50 AM
Well being new to the HP iPaq.... it was mentioned that ipaq back up is not like the full version????

All I want to to is be able to bring my iPaq back to where it was if ever I get a hard reset, can I do that with the Ipaq back up or do I need to buy the full version?

I pretty much don't care where it's saved as long as it's in my external storage and am not picky as to what is back'ed up as long as I can get it all back functioning.

I appreciate any info.

When stating that iPAQ Backup is not like the full version, bear in mind it's just an HP remodel of the full Sprite Backup software package. So you only get the core essentials.

For the purposes of backing up and restoring when you need to, the iPAQ Backup application is fine. There's no real need to go the extra yard and purchase a full-blown package.

ctmagnus
11-03-2004, 05:52 PM
The only thing to keep in mind is that the data in a backup is only as current as the last backup. If you've added/deleted/edited a bunch of stuff since your last backup and you have to restore it for whatever reason, the additions/edits/deletions are effectively rendered useless. Unless you sync everything with your desktop, in which case that data can be recovered.