View Full Version : Best PPC "Money" application

hickssp
11-02-2004, 12:47 AM
I am looking for a "Money" program to help track my various outgoings.

Having looked at some program documentation, Cash Organizer 2004 Deluxe seems the best to give a trial run (although I doubt that I will use all the functions but then I only use a small bit of the Microsoft word functionality) too.

Any experiences of these types of products? Any recommendations?

Ta

Ripper014
11-02-2004, 01:58 AM
If you just want a PocketPC application that does not sync to anything else... then Cash Organizer is the program I like the most. I have used it exclusively for my financial management for about 3 years... maybe longer.

It also has a MoneySync Module for MS Money if you want to sync to a desktop application.

Other than that... the popular ones would be Mastersoft Money, Pocket Quicken, and Pocket Money...

Darius Wey
11-02-2004, 03:24 AM
Spb Finance (http://www.spbsoftwarehouse.com/products/finance/?en) is also a good money management application. In the not-so-distant future, a new version of this will be released called Spb Finance Money Edition.

wbgordy
11-03-2004, 10:28 AM
Spb Finance Money Edition

Do you know what exactly this will have versus Spb Finance?

Darius Wey
11-03-2004, 10:46 AM
The main feature will be the ability to synchronise with Microsoft Money, but there will be other features implemented into it as well. It's currently in beta testing so the features will change as it's being tested. ;)

WolfUK
11-03-2004, 12:09 PM
I'll add another vote for Cash Organizer 2004 Delux. I''m not using several of the areas such as budgets and projects but it is very, very good and handles thousands of transactions with no problems.

hickssp
11-03-2004, 12:48 PM
Seems an amazing application. Probably in the same league as PI. Having just migrated from a Clie to HP4700 some of the PPC applications are incredible

I think I will not need to bother with Microsoft Money on my PC for budgetting (found this application really awkward to use, IMHO not one of Microsoft's better application)

I will use the export to Excel (one of Microsoft's better application) for PC big screen review

Zack Mahdavi
11-04-2004, 05:28 AM
I use SPB Finance mainly for its plain simplicity. I don't need my Pocket PC Finance app to have all the features of the desktop app. It should just be good at creating and editing transactions. That's what SPB Finance does really well. On the other hand, SPB Finance can't synchronize with MS Money, and that's a big problem for me.

If you want to try out something free, I'd suggest trying out WebIS Money. It might offer all that you need.

hickssp
11-04-2004, 12:04 PM
One thing that Cash Organiser is not so good at (for me) is listing your payee's.

It seems recommended to use the Description field but since this is a data field rather than a combo box (with a list of values behind it) then it takens longer to add the Payee (together with the probability of using different descriptions for the same payee)

dibbs26
11-04-2004, 09:35 PM
Hi,
I too am in the same position. At present I have 'Mastersoft Money' on trial....doesn't seem bad....have you tried any others?
Also I am after a decent password/login database for all those passwords that we have......do you know of any?

Cheers

Ripper014
11-04-2004, 09:38 PM
The best standalone Money Program in my opinion is Cash Organizer... for Passwords I like Code Wallet... but eWallet is also a good application.

WolfUK
11-04-2004, 09:49 PM
Also I am after a decent password/login database for all those passwords that we have......do you know of any?
I can highly recommend SplashID from SplashData (http://www.splashdata.com). Please note that if you have a VGA PPC then you will need to use the very latest beta version which you can download from their Yahoo! Groups support group (http://groups.yahoo.com/group/SplashDataPocketPC/).

Edit: They have now made it available from their site at:
http://www.splashdata.com/Downloads/SplashID-PPC-3.13b2.exe

CESkins
11-04-2004, 10:22 PM
Using Cash Organizer Deluxe 2004 w/Money Sync. As far as I am concerned, no other financial program for the PocketPC comes close to the feature set offered by COD 2K4. :D

hickssp
11-05-2004, 12:49 AM
Yea I have decided to go for Cash Organiser. Using the description for payee is OK (if somewhat strange to start with) and since they have auto-completion that works quite quickly.

One of the best apps I have seen since migrating from Palmland to PPC