View Full Version : USB Thumb drive on iPaq sync PC

craiggerb
11-01-2004, 09:17 PM
Has anyone had an issue with using a thumb drive on the pc you use to sync the iPaq to?

I think it is because of the drivers the iPaq uses. Is there a workaround?

Thx!

pbg
11-02-2004, 02:30 AM
I use a Transcend thumb drive on both my work and home computers, and synch my iPAQ 4150 in both places. Win xp Pro in both places. I don't have a problem with doing this.

Darius Wey
11-02-2004, 03:19 AM
Has anyone had an issue with using a thumb drive on the pc you use to sync the iPaq to?

I think it is because of the drivers the iPaq uses. Is there a workaround?

Thx!

Are you running Windows 2000 or Windows XP? If not, it is most likely you will need separate drivers for your Windows 95, 98, ME computer to access the USB thumbdrive.

craiggerb
11-02-2004, 01:52 PM
Thank you both for your replies. I am running Win XP Pro on the desired station. It is a cheap thumb drive, although it did come with drivers for it. I am able to use it on another PC without the Active sync, that's how I made assumption that it must be the Windows CE USB driver. I am not the owner, just a tech looking for solutions.

Thx!

Darius Wey
11-02-2004, 02:29 PM
Thank you both for your replies. I am running Win XP Pro on the desired station. It is a cheap thumb drive, although it did come with drivers for it. I am able to use it on another PC without the Active sync, that's how I made assumption that it must be the Windows CE USB driver. I am not the owner, just a tech looking for solutions.

Thx!

I'm pretty sure you wouldn't be looking at a problem with the Windows CE USB driver affecting the way the thumbdrive is recognised by the PC. The drivers used for both are different. I'd be looking more toward some sort of corrupt USB Mass Storage Driver on the PC itself. Have you considered reinstalling Windows?