View Full Version : h4150, WLAN switch-off problem

sindreu
11-01-2004, 04:14 PM
Have to ask once again to this annoying problem...

Why is the WIFI coming back, even when I switched the function off? I select WIFI to be off, but when I soft reset, it switches itself back on.

After the function is turned off I have to make a hard reset of the h4150 device before the WLAN actually is turned off. Otherwise the h4150 will come back with WLAN on after next power-up

Darius Wey
11-01-2004, 04:26 PM
HP has a document pertaining to the iPAQs and its Wi-Fi system which you can read here. (http://h200002.www2.hp.com/bc/docs/support/SupportManual/c00157709/c00157709.pdf)

I'm assuming that by properly turning off Wi-Fi, you tap on Start > iPAQ Wireless, and you tap the WLAN icon so that it turns off? In addition, do you have any programs installed that make use of wireless connectivity? Some programs are notorious for attempting to initiate a network connection upon a soft reset.

sindreu
11-01-2004, 04:50 PM
Yes, I'm turning OFF the WLAN in the WLAN/Bluetooth ON/OFF program (Green ICON). And the green WLAN LED is also turning off.
But when power-on next time, the WLAN turns automatically ON.

I do not have any active programs running which are trying to connect automatically

Still, :?: