View Full Version : is there a way to see my files from my computer while my ipaq is not connected to my computer.

okanrua
11-01-2004, 11:01 AM
when i sync them i can see all the files from my computer. yes outlook shows them but not the files. if i do hardreset and then sync my ipaq with my computer , will all the data comeback from my computer even if i don't see any data in my computer. i don't know if i could explain my self....

Darius Wey
11-01-2004, 11:48 AM
I don't quite understand. Are you talking about Outlook PIM data or just general files stored on the iPAQ (or computer?) :? ?

okanrua
11-01-2004, 12:12 PM
i mean all the data. like programs pim ...

Darius Wey
11-01-2004, 12:20 PM
Synchronising your Pocket PC and PC does not synchronise all the programs, registry settings, etc.; the only things that are synchronised are your PIM databases, any synchronised folders, and some other things that you may have enabled, but other than that, a hard reset will completely wipe all your files on the Pocket PC (except what may be on a storage card and the non-volatile memory) and revert your Pocket PC back to its default factory setting.

From then on, you will need to install all your programs again.

I hope that's what you were asking. If not, pester me again. :lol:

okanrua
11-02-2004, 11:09 AM
thanks for your replies. i think i couldnT explain myself to you.

my new question is what happens if my ipaq gets stolen. how can i find my data.onl outlook....

Darius Wey
11-02-2004, 12:08 PM
How can you find your data on Outlook?

It should be in the program itself, assuming you synchronise your Pocket PC with your PC.

If you're wanting to backup your Outlook data for safe-keeping, you can always do it on your Pocket PC with a backup program and then copy the backup file to a storage card or on your computer, or alternatively, you can use the File > Import and Export feature in Outlook on the PC. The usual backup file is in a .PST format.

So if your iPAQ was stolen, you wouldn't be in a total loss here since you have your data lying around and you can always load this back onto another Pocket PC (whether you recover the stolen one or if you acquire a new one).

ctmagnus
11-02-2004, 07:41 PM
It's highly recommended to sync with a desktop. That way, your data is in at least two places and there's less chance anything will happen to it.

At the moment, my iPaq is essentially useless but I have it fully synched with the desktop so none of my data has been lost.