View Full Version : Windows Mobile updates

od1
10-30-2004, 09:39 PM
Is there somewhere I can download updates for Windows Mobile 2003? Thanks

Jason Dunn
10-30-2004, 11:00 PM
The only updates come from your OEM, Dell, in the form of ROM updates - there's no "Windows Update" where you can get updates from Microsoft. I really wish there was. :wink:

Darius Wey
10-31-2004, 03:08 AM
Is there somewhere I can download updates for Windows Mobile 2003? Thanks

For your specific model (X30), if you're looking for the latest update to your current ROM, you can find it here. (http://support.dell.com/support/downloads/format.aspx?releaseid=r87096&c=us&l=en&s=gen&cs=)

But as Jason said, no Windows Update...yet. :D If you want to be notified of updates specific to your model, you can always subscribe to Dell's File Watch service. It's free.

zetsurin
10-31-2004, 06:14 AM
This whole situation of purchasing a PocketPC and then hoping that you will receive updates is why I won't be buying another PocketPC (I really want a VGA one) until Windows Mobile 2005 eventually comes out, and only if it looks like there will be some more consumer friendly method of being able to know somehow if you will be supported in the future. I got burnt in the past by Toshiba with my e570 which will forever be running 2002 (even though I still use it, I would rather there was some way I could have the latest version of WM2k3SE on it for native landscape mode and the better IE - I know there are 3rd party options but that's not my point)...