View Full Version : I did it, pulled the trigger on the purchase..

VegasRook
10-30-2004, 09:30 PM
Hello All,

I am new to the forum :D

Recently I decided I needed a PDA. My last PDA was I believe the Palm 7. It was the first wireless palm (years ago). My how things have changed for the better!

Anyway, after many hours of reading, I just pulled the trigger and bought the iPAQ hx4705! I was deciding between this and the 50v from dell.

Basically price and size were not issues with me and when I threw that out, this was the right move. I have yet to open the box (it is like christmas).

Anyone with this model bought the extra large battery (think it is the 3000)?

JimPAQ
10-30-2004, 10:39 PM
Congratulations. I must admit, its fun opening up a new toy. But the real satisfaction comes a year down the road when you realize how much your life has changed and how "mobile" you have become because of that toy. That's how it was for me anyway. I realized how dependent I had become on having all the info at my finger tips. One day I just started thinking what it would be like if I didn’t have my PDA and that’s when I realized I used it for almost every thing. Right now I’m still using my 2215 and I’m waiting to see what the HP h2000 or 21000 or what ever it’s going to be called looks like. From the pix I’ve seen it looks like what I want.

Again congratulations,
--Jim

VegasRook
10-30-2004, 11:11 PM
Yea so true. Soon I will look back and wonder what I was doing waiting so long :D

I opened it and am simply awed by the display. I am loving it. Got it all setup and am now ready to see all the fun things I can do with it.

I also bought a universal bluetooth Stowaway wireless keyboard. Just tried it out and love it. Kind of pricey at $150 but this is going to be so worth it in school. Going back to college made me realize two things:

1. I need to take lots of notes.
2. My writing sucks, especially when professors are talking at the speed of light and roaming all around the room.

Seems like the audio recorder built in is decent too.

Also this thing is going to save TONS of paper.

My only complaint is the documentation is lacking, but that is normally the case with most stuff. Be nice to have a handbook about all the things you can do.

weeeeee :D

maximus
11-01-2004, 01:54 AM
Congrats on your new baby :)

When I got my X5, I took it everywhere with me. Bathroom, kitchen, malls, office, everywhere. Just love the feeling that I was no longer alone :)

pgm
11-01-2004, 02:42 AM
WELCOME to the 'good' side :mrgreen:

enjoy the new 1

VegasRook
11-01-2004, 02:47 AM
After a day of playing around, getting some apps and reading, I am glad I made this purchase. I love this baby.

I still just stare at the graphics :D

While I have yet to utilize it too much, I am already wondering how I lived without it.......

:mrgreen:

Darius Wey
11-01-2004, 05:17 AM
My only complaint is the documentation is lacking, but that is normally the case with most stuff. Be nice to have a handbook about all the things you can do.

That's where you rely on PPCT for information. ;)

While I have yet to utilize it too much, I am already wondering how I lived without it.......

Now all you have to do is stock it up with some good software and your quest for "ultimate geek" will be complete. :P

On a side note, congratulations on ascending into the upper echelon of the PDA world. :way to go:

VegasRook
11-01-2004, 06:44 AM
why thank you :D

Uber Geek or die :D

I was thinking of looking for a metal case for mine. I would hate for anything to happen to it in transit. Anyone got ideas for places to go for this?

Before my purchase I read many reviews and bought Pocket PC mag, the buyers guide 2005 issue. This site was listed there as a place to go :D

Darius Wey
11-01-2004, 07:01 AM
I was thinking of looking for a metal case for mine. I would hate for anything to happen to it in transit. Anyone got ideas for places to go for this?

I'm not 100% sure if there are any metal cases for the hx4700 yet. You may want to check Innopocket (http://www.innopocket.com/web/) from time to time as they're starting to release their new metal cases for the new iPAQs.

Before my purchase I read many reviews and bought Pocket PC mag, the buyers guide 2005 issue. This site was listed there as a place to go :D

:rock on dude!:

VegasRook
11-01-2004, 08:04 AM
searching around, I found this case.

Thoughts?

OTTER BOX CASE (http://www.extremepda.com/page/XPDA/PROD/IPAQ4705ACC/OTTERBOX4700)

Darius Wey
11-01-2004, 08:26 AM
searching around, I found this case.

Thoughts?

OTTER BOX CASE (http://www.extremepda.com/page/XPDA/PROD/IPAQ4705ACC/OTTERBOX4700)

Personally? I don't like it. It looks like something I'd carry to a construction yard. However, it's up to you anyway. I'm more of a sucker for the slick/compact case than a rugged one.

VegasRook
11-01-2004, 09:22 AM
yea, I Just Saw it. Would like a Metal Case. Btw, I Am using Calligraphy and wi-Fi to Send this!

Pretty Fun...

I am getting a Little Bit Better. Still have issues With caPs though.

:mrgreen: