View Full Version : agenda fusion or pocket informant

okanrua
10-30-2004, 01:53 PM
which one is the best??? :idea: :idea: :idea:

Jacob
10-30-2004, 04:45 PM
First thought: Here we go again ;)

Personally I use PI. It integrates with Phatware Phatnotes(and comes with the lite version).

It also suits me more than AF.

My suggestion would be to do a trial of each and then decide. It really depends on which helps you most.

ludzh
10-30-2004, 06:39 PM
And you might want to try doing some searches in the forums on the topic. Lot's of posts weighing the virtues of each. It may help you to better understand each as you are trying them out.

Good luck! :)

-Heather

P.S. I've seen other posters mention that if you want something that may be a bit more simple (and less $), you could give Ulti-Planner a go and see if that is the ticket. I use PI myself.

Darius Wey
10-30-2004, 06:46 PM
And you might want to try doing some searches in the forums on the topic.

Take this one for example. Battle Of The Super-PIMs, Agenda Fusion Versus Pocket Informant (http://www.pocketpcthoughts.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=16163)

Sadly, it's a little old and both software packages have undergone major updates since then (time for an update eh? :P ). However, it's still an interesting read. While both deliver excellent features, at the end of the day, it should really be left up to you to decide which one suits your needs more. Some people prefer PI. Others prefer AF. Grab a trial version of each one and place yourself in the hot-seat - only you can really decide which one is the best! ;)

whydidnt
10-30-2004, 09:13 PM
If I was to summarize the key difference IMO -

PI seems to be a better task manager, and AF seems to be bit better at calendar type entries. Remember just my opinion, best to download the trial for each and see which you prefer.

tanalasta
10-31-2004, 02:36 AM
PI seems to be a better task manager, and AF seems to be bit better at calendar type entries. Remember just my opinion, best to download the trial for each and see which you prefer.

I'd agree - download the trial versions and see which one you prefer.

Personally, I love PI. Their support, forums, program design, constant update/improvements and most importantly, reputation for being bug free is second to none.

Ever since version 5.xx, improvements have been made to data entry to make it more intuitive. However, I still prefer using Outlook 2003 on my desktop and syncing entries across :P

okanrua
11-01-2004, 10:08 AM
thanks alot guys. i ll do it. try and decide.

Lex
11-01-2004, 12:48 PM
Which is better, yellow or blue? Chocolate or strawberry? I'll cast a vote for Agenda Fusion but they are so similar, it is the trial of each that will best lead you to a choice. Happy shopping.