View Full Version : Advice on a camera for my PPC

buss
10-29-2004, 03:07 AM
My work requires me to make field inspections and usually I take my digital camera with me to assist in that effort. The bad thing is that my briefcase ends up with too many items and I am looking for a small high quality camera that I can attach to my HP4155 and leave my Cannon at home. Would need to be small and durable and also have a high quality (that is the part that worries me). A good plus would also be to have memory on board to hold the pictures. Not too worried about the cost since it would be a vaild expense to write-off.

Would be interested in hearing what other users would recommend for this.

Thanks

Sven Johannsen
10-29-2004, 05:43 AM
For the 4155 you don't have many choices in the first place. The HP SD camera and the Veo are the same thing, differing in software and price, but not hardware. There are a few other SD camera's around, but none that get glowing reviews. The best you get is 1.3Mp in any case. Not sure if that qualifies as high quality. Durability on any big bulbous thing held up by an SD extension is a bit questionable.

Is your cannon that big? You could look at one of the Casio Exilims. They are very compact and take great shots. (IMHO)

Darius Wey
10-29-2004, 05:49 AM
One other point...

I don't think they sell SDIO camera and memory solutions all in the one card. If you needed extra memory for the pictures, you would need to have a separate memory card.

The h4155 has a rather small iPAQ File Store (~2.8MB) and if most of your memory is taken up with programs, it will leave you very little room to store your pictures.

buss
10-29-2004, 08:26 AM
Thanks for the feedback, I thought that my options would be limited and you have pretty much confirmed that. Love the HP4155, it is my first PPC after using Palms for over sever years, looking back I should have look for more memory, but no complaints. My Cannon is not that big, just was looking for a way to lighten my load (and an excuse for a new toy :wink: )