View Full Version : Pocket Word and Bullets

griffen
10-28-2004, 01:23 PM
Previously I was on a Psion 5mx and I've just bought an axim X30. On the psion I could create a new bullet and then create a new line within the bullet using SHIFT+ENTER.
I've tried this in pocket word and it creates a new bullet instead of creating a new line but remaining within the same bullet. Does anyone know how to create a new line within a bullet?

Thanks.

Brad Adrian
10-28-2004, 02:42 PM
The easiest way is to go ahead and enter the text in the subsequent line, and when Pocket Word creates the (unwanted) bullet, put the cursor anywhere on that line and go to EDIT>PARAGRAPH and uncheck the box next to "bullet." I realize it's backward to let it create the bullet and to then delete it, but that's the only way I know to do it.

danrhiggins
10-29-2004, 06:29 PM
You can also save some time if you have the formatting menu displayed and simply click on the bullet button rather than go the format/paragraph menu. But you still need to work backwards.

One of my greatest disappointments with Microsoft and the Pocket PC is that even with the greater memory in these more powerful machines they are missing some rather simple and basic enhancements to PocketWord. They seem to ignore the Pocket Office applications in new releases.

Another example is when I am doing bullets and I "hit enter" twice. In the desktop version of Word and almost every other program I use it recognizes that I am done with the bullet list and reverts to non-bullet paragraph formatting. But in Pocket Word once I am in bullet mode I must first create a new bullet paragraph and then switch out of bullet mode.

Oh well. I have never been impressed with Microsofts improvements to the Windows Mobile functionality. They must have pretty small team working on this.