View Full Version : ipaq 2210 soft reset problem

okanrua
10-28-2004, 01:08 PM
hi everybody

whenever i do soft reset at the first time, my ipaq fills the blue line that occurs after pressing the soft reset button, and stops at the end. it starts working after i do another soft reset. is that normal. should i worry about this. has anyone had the same experience.
thanks.

Darius Wey
10-28-2004, 01:15 PM
I've had a similar experience except the Pocket PC would not start up even after 50 hard-resets! It is a bit of an odd one however... have you recently installed any software that may have caused this?

ppchaser
10-28-2004, 01:40 PM
You probably have to hard reset your h2210 and restore all data with backup program like Sprite Backup. It happens most likely your recent program installed and some conflict when you chose to run that program at start up.

okanrua
10-28-2004, 01:42 PM
its been a while since the problem started and i cant remember whether if i downloaded any software or not. strange isnt it?

Darius Wey
10-28-2004, 01:44 PM
It happens most likely your recent program installed and some conflict when you chose to run that program at start up.

If that is the case, and in most cases, the problem may be able to be suppressed without the need of a hard reset. Nobody likes a hard-reset, especially if you have a bundle of software installed.

Therefore, I'd like to see if this problem can be solved without the need of a hard-reset, if possible. But if worst comes to worst, then a hard-reset may be the only solution. 8)

Darius Wey
10-28-2004, 01:46 PM
its been a while since the problem started and i cant remember whether if i downloaded any software or not. strange isnt it?

okanrua, open up File Explorer and navigate your way to \Windows\Startup\ and ensure that you can "View All Files".

What files are listed there?

okanrua
10-28-2004, 01:48 PM
yes i did amany hardresets. actualy this does not bother me much. what bothers me is what if it gets worse. i mean what if it doesn'open again. i just wanna feel good about this situation

okanrua
10-28-2004, 01:50 PM
BTTrayCE
fe_wa
EnLEAgent
poutlook

idonnow what these are :?

Darius Wey
10-28-2004, 02:13 PM
BTTrayCE
fe_wa
EnLEAgent
poutlook

idonnow what these are :?

Okay...we're going to be a little experimental in our approach. The files I want you to focus on are "fe_wa" and "EnLEAgent". The first thing you should try is to cut "fe_wa" and paste it into a random folder - e.g. My Documents. Remember that we're moving the file, not copying it. Close File Explorer and try a number of soft-resets and see if the problem still occurs. If the problem still resides, move the file back into \Windows\Startup\, and this time perform the same procedure with "EnLEAgent". Try a few soft resets to see if it solves the problem. Hopefully, either one of these should work. If it does, then that's great! But I would make sure that all of your programs still work, so get your stylus ready and be prepared to make sure each program runs fine.

Alternatively, if you can tell me what programs you have installed, I could tell you first whether it's safe to move these files or not. I know what BTTrayCE and poutlook do, but I'm not familiar with the other two files.

okanrua
10-28-2004, 02:29 PM
i took fe_wa out and it stopped. thats cool. thanks alot for your help.

delfuhd
10-28-2004, 05:15 PM
That has happened to me at times as well... I also ahve fe_wa in my startup folder, hopefully that will end it for good!

Does anyone know what the fe_wa file is though?

Darius Wey
10-28-2004, 05:30 PM
Does anyone know what the fe_wa file is though?

I'm not 100% sure myself at the moment. I'm still looking into this.

That is why I suggested to okanrua to keep it in a separate folder (e.g. My Documents) just in case it is a vital file. If you ever need to restore it to the Startup folder, at least you will have it readily available. I suggest you do the same. :)

delfuhd
10-28-2004, 07:07 PM
Yeah, its stored in my Program Files folder.. I originally thought this was my Socket SD WiFi card software, but I don't that is it, since there is a seperate file for that software in the startup folder.

Darius Wey
10-29-2004, 04:11 AM
Yeah, its stored in my Program Files folder.. I originally thought this was my Socket SD WiFi card software, but I don't that is it, since there is a seperate file for that software in the startup folder.

That's fine. I also mentioned that if you get the chance, you should ensure that every application works fine. Either it is an important file, or one that's been left over from a past application that you have uninstalled. Do you remember which applications you have uninstalled in the past?