View Full Version : Infared file sending from PC

CorysWorld
10-27-2004, 10:42 PM
My windows XP box will connect to my PPC with infared but when I try to send it a file it says my PPC will not accept. I do not want to use Active Sync. Is it possible to send a file to my PPC from a computer?

Darius Wey
10-28-2004, 02:39 AM
My windows XP box will connect to my PPC with infared but when I try to send it a file it says my PPC will not accept. I do not want to use Active Sync. Is it possible to send a file to my PPC from a computer?

Does your laptop come with a separate IR application? It's usually found in the Control Panel.

I was able to send files with no problems at all back when I was using my old Toshiba laptop. There was a shortcut called "Wireless Link" in the Control Panel that would let you do the job. Also, if you put your PPC in range with your PC's IR port, it may auto-detect it and you may get notification of this via the system tray.

CorysWorld
10-28-2004, 05:08 AM
I got the two units to communicate and had the file transfer window. I just could not get any files to send. It gave me the error that the PPC would not accept it.

Darius Wey
10-28-2004, 05:15 AM
I got the two units to communicate and had the file transfer window. I just could not get any files to send. It gave me the error that the PPC would not accept it.

What type of file is it? (Not that it should matter much though) Also, how big is the file?

CorysWorld
10-30-2004, 12:51 AM
It was a one page Word doc.

Darius Wey
10-30-2004, 03:26 AM
It was a one page Word doc.

That is a small file. If none of the above has worked so far, the only thing I could think of at the moment is for you to reinstall your IR drivers for your computer. You should have them on a driver CD, or you should be able to find them on the company website.